Body cam footage: Nick Diaz arrest

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/ufc-nick-diaz-bodycam-video-domestic-assault-arrest-las-vegas/amp?__twitter_impression=true

he says he didn't do nuttin

Wow, I’m no fan of Nick Diaz these days, but that LV cop was power tripping. And of course, they lied in their reports.

The cop with the body cam pulls the other two away and literally says "Keep your suspects in line, if you need to hobble them or whoop their ass, do it."

Damn, hobble them? 

What a bunch of fucking douchbags.

#freeNick

#gracielivesmatter

The implosion of Nick Diaz continues.

i dont get it..they just show up at his crib and arrest him? lmao. wtf is going on here.

Nick will learn to GTFO of Las Vegas.  The place is a shit hole and with his new lifestyle he’s doomed.

Awful article. Talks about the crazy girl who accused him of dv, grand jury failed to indict.

Don't know why trouble follows the Diaz brothers around.....

Subbed for later 

And this is why many people dislike pigs. I have dealt with dozens just like this, personally, on both sides of the law. Just one bad apple my ass, more like half of them. Tiny dick complex.

ducks18 -

Nick will learn to GTFO of Las Vegas.  The place is a shit hole and with his new lifestyle he’s doomed.

Truer words were never spoke.

mix headroom -

The cop with the body cam pulls the other two away and literally says "Keep your suspects in line, if you need to hobble them or whoop their ass, do it."

Damn, hobble them? 

Hopefully he meant something humane like leg irons/cuffing ankles.

oranos -

i dont get it..they just show up at his crib and arrest him? lmao. wtf is going on here.

An accuation of domestic violence is essentially a mandatory arrest in many areas, even with no evidence whatsoever. 

His girl screwed up letting the cops in, as badly written as those laws are, they can't enforce them if they can't get in the house, and they can't do that without a warrant or consent. If you have a genuine co-habitating victim, she can let you in, but it's a lot harder for a stalker to show up at your door and have you arrested (which is more common than you think).

"Can't they get  a warrant?" 

Yes, but that allows common sense and the normal protections of the system to come into play. Apparently her story was pretty flimsy and fell apart under a judge's scrutiny. Get that scrutiny earlier (getting the full story and presenting it to the judge in warrant application) and skip the going to jail, public humiliation etc.. Heck, if the cops get more info, one of them may even exercise some common sense. Finding holes in the accuser's story is not encouraged when you're under such massive pressure to arrest (and liability if you don't) but if you force them to investigate and write a full report before arresting you, it forces them to find out about it.

I don't fault the girl too much, a prominent atttorney in RI made a similar mistake when this stripper he was dating started tearing his place up. He expected DV laws to follow the normal rules of the rest of the system and walked out to explain the situation to the cops, that were then obligated to arrest him (girl was not co-habitating and was not inside the house when they arrived).

mix headroom -

Damn, hobble them? 

Yeah they have a tough job but he didn't need to say that. It's not like Nick was acting crazy and being dangerous. He obviously was disoriented for waking up after getting drunk. 

I don't even know why he was arrested. Did the "psycho" chick call and lie to the cops about Nick? 

BJTT-Frank Rizzo - 
mix headroom -

Damn, hobble them? 

Yeah they have a tough job but he didn't need to say that. It's not like Nick was acting crazy and being dangerous. He obviously was disoriented for waking up after getting drunk. 

I don't even know why he was arrested. Did the "psycho" chick call and lie to the cops about Nick? 

I’m sure Nick didn’t mean it that way, but usually slipping your cuffs in front of you is a really bad sign of escape attempt or aggression, and not being able to catch it, prevent it or reverse it will get you a (rightful) ass chewing from your sergeant.

Let’s be realistic, Nick, even cuffed in front, could easily disarm and execute most cops if so inclined. He could do serious damage to a regular person in just a drunken moment of stupid.

mix headroom -

Damn, hobble them? 

'Hobble' is the device used to kind of hogtie the suspect.