Bones = GOAT

Hate to admit it, because I'm personally a big Andy and Fedor fan, but when all is said and done Jones will retire the GOAT.

Even if his resume has a few again blown up 185'ers on it, it's hard to deny the murderers row he's already fought, and will only continue to fight.

If he can beat Gustafson (especially in Sweden if Dana goes through with that) and beat him thoroughly he will be impossible to deny the GOAT spot anymore.

He's already had a 3 year span (2011-present) where he has been ridiculously good and he has another 4-6 years of being in his athletic prime. That is a scary thought. He keeps gettin better, and could very well be undefeated for a decade when he retires.

I don't even follow MMA as much as I used to, but the fact that I feel like I'm witnessing history makes me excited to tune in to Jones fights.

Can't wait to watch it happen. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with op and I love Andy fedor and gsp. Dude is a monster Phone Post 3.0

Naw, the eye pokes will forever put an asterisk next to his name. He's the champ on paper, that's all. Sorry fellas.

Fedor = Heavyweight GOAT.
Jones = Light heavyweight GOAT.
Anderson = Middleweight GOAT.
Georges = Welterweight GOAT.
BJ = Lightweight GOAT.
Aldo = Featherweight GOAT.
Barao = Bantamweight GOAT.
Demetrious = Flyweight GOAT.

For overall...

#1 P4P = Fedor.
#2 P4P = GSP.
#3 P4P = Anderson.
#4 P4P = Aldo.
#5 P4P = Barao.

He's def put himself in the convo of one of the candidates now...

UncleChael - Naw, the eye pokes will forever put an asterisk next to his name. He's the champ on paper, that's all. Sorry fellas.

Lol, this is this perfect example of the problem we have here. If its not his reach thats an asterix, its the eye pokes that make Jones a "champ on paper" after all he's been able to accomplish so far.

Love him/hate him, he's up there now.

Wasa-B - 
UncleChael - Naw, the eye pokes will forever put an asterisk next to his name. He's the champ on paper, that's all. Sorry fellas.

Lol, this is this perfect example of the problem we have here. If its not his reach thats an asterix, its the eye pokes that make Jones a "champ on paper" after all he's been able to accomplish so far.

Are you denying that the constant threat of being poked in the eye doesn't change the whole dynamic of a fight?

Noone is saying he sucks without it but it ludacris to think that it hasn't had any effect on his career

UncleChael - Naw, the eye pokes will forever put an asterisk next to his name. He's the champ on paper, that's all. Sorry fellas.
Shut. The fuck. Up.

A paper champ? That legit just made me frustrated and I don't even like Jon lol.

With the people Jon has beaten, how on earth can you call the man a paper champ? Phone Post 3.0

vagabond - 
Wasa-B - 

Are you denying that the constant threat of being poked in the eye doesn't change the whole dynamic of a fight?

Noone is saying he sucks without it but it ludacris to think that it hasn't had any effect on his career

http://thissongissick.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ludacris-Georgia.jpg ?

Btw, "Noone is saying he sucks."

Um, yeah, the guy said he's a paper champ.

Wasa-B - Btw, "Noone is saying he sucks."

Um, yeah, the guy said he's a paper champ.

That guy doesn't speak for us. We don't know that guy...

With a few more dominant performances he will be right at the top for sure. Not quite yet though imo. A few more finishes will help too. Phone Post 3.0

In my book Jones is 2 fights away from being the greatest fighter of all time...and I can't stand him. If he beats Gus in the rematch then beats Cormier, he will be the greatest ever. I thought Gus beat him in the first fight but it was close.

I don't see Cain lasting on top as long as Jon had lasted. He already has two shoulder surgeries and has had knee problems in the past. Otherwise I would say Cain is the best of all time. Phone Post 3.0

IMHO Jones is 57 wins away from being GOAT. Phone Post 3.0

nobones - In my book Jones is 2 fights away from being the greatest fighter of all time...and I can't stand him. If he beats Gus in the rematch then beats Cormier, he will be the greatest ever. I thought Gus beat him in the first fight but it was close.

I don't see Cain lasting on top as long as Jon had lasted. He already has two shoulder surgeries and has had knee problems in the past. Otherwise I would say Cain is the best of all time. Phone Post 3.0
But what are the odds of him NOT getting the wins he still needs to be named GOAT? He's 26 friggin years old!

If he can beat badly or finish Gus in the rematch and then (hopefully) the winner of DC-AJ how can anyone deny him that status? Not saying you are at all, just saying. No matter how much everyone hates Jones, his career trajectory is undeniable.

And I haven't even mentioned the hypothetical of him going to HW and getting that belt too. I think it's a long shot, but again-he has 4-6 more years in his athletic prime. If he continues defending his belt how long until Dana makes him an offer he can't refuse to set up a mega fight?

Any of these possibilities = G.O.A.T. Phone Post 3.0

At this rate he'll be getting that Barao money in no time.

Jones is the LHW GOAT.

He needs 3-4 more wins to be in the GOAT discussion.

If he goes up and wins the HW title, undisputed GOAT.

I fuckin hate bones, but he just might be the goat Phone Post 3.0

EvilMaster - Fedor = Heavyweight GOAT.
BJ = Lightweight GOAT.

For overall...

#1 P4P = Fedor.
#2 P4P = GSP.
#3 P4P = Anderson.
#4 P4P = Aldo.
#5 P4P = Barao.
I agree with your divisional goats I think your p4p is atrocious.

1. Jones
2. Anderson
3. Gsp
4. Fedor
5. Aldo

You not putting Jon on the list is just stupid. And to have Barao over him is even more so foolish. Look at the competition level in just the last 3 years. Jones is light years ahead of Barao. Competition level is mainly how I gauged my list but other things that came into play was the excitement level of Anderson fights and the only reason I have George above fedor is because gsp left on top. That's unprecedented. Aldo is still growing into his own but he isn't at the level as the others just yet. Phone Post 3.0

PhoqueME -
EvilMaster - Fedor = Heavyweight GOAT.
BJ = Lightweight GOAT.

For overall...

#1 P4P = Fedor.
#2 P4P = GSP.
#3 P4P = Anderson.
#4 P4P = Aldo.
#5 P4P = Barao.
I agree with your divisional goats I think your p4p is atrocious.

1. Jones
2. Anderson
3. Gsp
4. Fedor
5. Aldo

You not putting Jon on the list is just stupid. And to have Barao over him is even more so foolish. Look at the competition level in just the last 3 years. Jones is light years ahead of Barao. Competition level is mainly how I gauged my list but other things that came into play was the excitement level of Anderson fights and the only reason I have George above fedor is because gsp left on top. That's unprecedented. Aldo is still growing into his own but he isn't at the level as the others just yet. Phone Post 3.0
I think where you two aren't aligning on p4p goat is that evil master is taking their size relative to their opponents into consideration much more heavily than you are. Phone Post 3.0