Booked trip to Thailand

Just booked a trip to Thailand in Dec/Jan. I would love to train for a bit while I'm there.

Does anyone have any suggestion for camps/experiences etc? I'm familiar with Tiger Muay Thai but would be happy to hear suggestions for websites or other places for information.

Thanks

DC1000

Tong Po

go to Pattiya... not for training. i was there for a month and a half. maxim magazine called it "the sex carnival of the world." they were not lieing. best time of my life. budwiser bottles are like 15 cents, its unreal, get a custom black market name brand suit for like 5 percent of how much it would really cost, and all the pirated dvds you can handle. have fun

how much are flight tickets these days

ridiculous. $2k from NYC. unless i wanted to fly Ukrain Air and connect through Kiev. then again i'm going mid dec to jan, so its prime time.

ttt

DC, where did you book your flight? Round trip from NYC is <1K.

lanna muaythai in chang mai good w foreigners mostly european....grt coaches....bangkok is cool but i dont no how thy train in the pollution.....u can look them up on line....thy have a new jungle camp to train in b4 fts....star 9 club.....bangkok gotta hit the calypso club....both well worth ur time =)

kayak, orbitz, tracks, and all airlines direct..i tried for weeks.show me a link.

ETA: Zuji too

UltraFly - go to Pattiya... not for training. i was there for a month and a half. maxim magazine called it "the sex carnival of the world." they were not lieing. best time of my life. budwiser bottles are like 15 cents, its unreal, get a custom black market name brand suit for like 5 percent of how much it would really cost, and all the pirated dvds you can handle. have fun
As in prostitutes or foreign women wanting some fun?

yeah perhaps well in advance and not over xmas and new years...
nonetheless, its a done deal.

more interested in camps.

i train 3 times a week here in dc with a lloyd irvin affiliate and a legit camp. been training for 5 years, most of which with jeff ruth in VA.

just did 12 rounds on the thai pads yesterday.

question is, am i just going to die from the conditioning side of it all and/or will it even be worth it?

what i want to get out of it, and it'll only be for about 1 week, is to learn some new techniques and have the experience.

no fights on the horizon, i'm just a serious recreational guy who spars with the other dudes in the gym, some ammies and occasional a few pros, but i'm no fighter.

sucks dude, you booked for the wrong time of year. I went last summer and paid 770 round trip after taxes and fees

1039 round trip:
http://www.priceline.com/travel/airlines/lang/en-us/fare_results_departure_bk.asp?session_key=5D0011AC3F0011AC2009100923374105d011066586&plf=pcln&path=cfe

Where are you staying?

I went out there with the intention of training, the booze combined with the heat put a quick end to that(I think I trained 3 days if you add up everything, lol).

anyone know any other good websites for cheap plane tix to thailand? (also traveling from NYC)

TTT

while i appreciate you trying to show me the error of my ways, i just used that site and the cheapest was 2100 from nyc on air china. i've got a job and family and have a very strict time period in which i can go.

pugilist, i have zero plans except for the inbound and outbound flights from BKK. everything else is up in there air.

where did you end up training?

I think booking on miles(if you have or can get them) is the best way. Once you're there, you may want to extend your trip. I've seen it happen pretty often(I did it ;-) ), and there's less hassle this way.

SITYODTONG in PATTAYA is the best ....My man Kru Gong is there 5 time Lumpinee Champion you can train wth him and other champs great atmosphere real muay thai !!!

....So you booked a month long trip to Thailand and your intention wasn't to train muay Thai from the beginning???

You like lady-boys, dude???

ttt