Boxer Joey Orbillo...question

Am in a heated argument about a boxer name Joey Orbillo and Bruce Lee. I had heard years before that Orbillo was a boxing coach to Joe Lewis but this Bruce Lee fanboy is claiming that Bruce defeated Orbillo in a private sparring match. I haven't found any info that they ever sparred. Anybody have any insight on this?

1 Like

I have read countless 1000s of things about Bruce Lee since the early 70s. There is no way he ever beat Joey Orbillo. Hong Kong magazines used to make up multiple stories every month. This is maybe one of those.

From everything I have ever read or heard Bruce stayed away from professional fighters, hard to believe he would have made an exception for a ranked boxer as well as someone so much bigger.

Kirik -

I have read countless 1000s of things about Bruce Lee since the early 70s. There is no way he ever beat Joey Orbillo. Hong Kong magazines used to make up multiple stories every month. This is maybe one of those.

Kirik, how about Count Dante?

( Phone Post 3.0

Ok, my uncle is Joey Orbillo Amador… Joey spoke of moving/sparring with Bruce Lee and did not clarify what happened. He said after sparring with Bruce he firmly believed Bruce would defeat Ali in a street fight. I hope that clears the air. He never said if he clearly was outclassed.

2 Likes

^ Holy fuck that’s hilarious. Found the JKD Concepts loon

If it was a private match how did your friend find out?

Private doesnt mean zero witnesses. There are a number of people claiming Bruce beat a bunch of skilled fighters in closed door matches, this is the 1st time anyone attached a name to one.

Too dangerous for Bruce to fight, or any man who wants to live

It’s crazy someone here and many witness or friends saying this but these doubters blah blah blah smh

amazing that your first post is to a dead thread about a family or friend. Ever better, that old boy Ron12 was nice enough to like something you posted before your first post was approved.

Totally not suspicious…

Suspicious Mona Lisa GIF by Parks and Recreation

I was just looking up on google about joe orbillo on Bruce Lee bc I just finished a recent book of John Little. I mean no disrespect. I read up there, the one claim that Joe was his uncle, saying what he said. I just find it weird and confusing about all these avalanche of Bruce Lee hating folks.

season 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

There are rarely coincidences in this world.

I find it weird and confusing the avalanche of delusional Bruce Lee fans.

1 Like

Delusional what part? If you want to know the truth, then go look it up. If you’re talking about Orbillo then look it up. Orbillo said straight from his mouth that he spar with Bruce and couldn’t touch or see him. IF u don’t research, study, or anything about BL, then don’t make comments that you don’t know. Do you even know Joey Orbillo is?
The world is not always gon’ be black and white mann, there are phenom and prodigy that exist.

Out of the horse’s mouth and even John Little had written about the encounter. And all these BL haters coming out of the woodwork for no reason. LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE here, can’t post

[Joey Orbillo, Pro heavyweight boxer (ranked 5th in the world) talk about sparring Bruce Lee

The delusion that Bruce was a fighter let alone an elite fighter.
Yea Joey talks about light sparring out in a parking lot with Bruce and him being fast…that doesnt make Bruce a fighter. Anyone that thinks it does needs to have their logic checked. This is the type of things that bring out the so called Bruce Lee haters.
John Little wrote a book listing all the alleged non confirmed fights and counted sparring incidents as food for the delusional fan boys…hope he makes bank off soaking the rubes.

Weird ass logic bro. Always that “Bruce lee fanboys….”

The question I keep having is why you are hear in a nearly 10 year old thread still make dated comments.

What is in it for you?