Boxing Enthusiasts Why Does Nick Diaz's punch like

He's hitting a speed bag, and what did Roach mean about him shuffling his feet in between combos did he mean Nick's flatfooted style? Phone Post

blacksamurai - He's hitting a speed bag, and what did Roach mean about him shuffling his feet in between combos did he mean Nick's flatfooted style? Phone Post

His jab kinda looks like its chopping or rotating down sometimes like he's hitting a speed bag Phone Post

blacksamurai -
blacksamurai - He's hitting a speed bag, and what did Roach mean about him shuffling his feet in between combos did he mean Nick's flatfooted style? Phone Post

His jab kinda looks like its chopping or rotating down sometimes like he's hitting a speed bag Phone Post

His brother punches the same way Phone Post

he's definitely developed a unique works for him in most of his fights

With his long reach, he just 'touches' his opponent like 60-70% power... he doesn't gas out, he overloads his opponent's senses with the multi-angled punches... forcing them to cover up 'cos his opponents are expecting full-power shots... when he sees an opening he will then pour it on and go to 90-100% power looking to damage/finish.

He paces his "punches in bunches" ... most MMAers i believe can learn something from his gameplan... they are usually swinging for the hills hoping for the KO or ref stoppage.

Despite Nick's pot smoking, with respect to his "touch" gameplan, it's intelligent boxing for MMA IMO

^^^

martin, i VU'd on another thread... can't do it again for this post :(

you get VD's? dayum. i cannot imagine that... unless you mean outside of Boxing you get the VD's.

dayum

Stickgrappler - With his long reach, he just 'touches' his opponent like 60-70% power... he doesn't gas out, he overloads his opponent's senses with the multi-angled punches... forcing them to cover up 'cos his opponents are expecting full-power shots... when he sees an opening he will then pour it on and go to 90-100% power looking to damage/finish.

He paces his "punches in bunches" ... most MMAers i believe can learn something from his gameplan... they are usually swinging for the hills hoping for the KO or ref stoppage.

Despite Nick's pot smoking, with respect to his "touch" gameplan, it's intelligent boxing for MMA IMO

His only problem imo is he fights like a puncher and bully, not a boxer, despite the fact that he's one of the few MMA fighters who can legitimately chain combos

It's really easy to plod forward and cut off the ring when there are four corners, not so easy with an Octagon. This is one of the main reasons imo Gomi went to shit after shifting from Pride to UFC

And it really is cool Diaz can maintain that 70-90% the whole fight whereas most fighters would be gassed and at half power by the end of the first round if they boxed in volume like him

blacksamurai - 

Pawing really is the most apt descriptor if you're gonna generalize his punching style imo

i didn't know this before, only like a month ago, found out the Diaz brothers do triathalons. so they can pace their energy usage as well as be in it for the long haul

yeah, pawing is very apt

well his 'jab' is just a range finder to measure distance, that's pretty much it