Boxing Gyms ever been taught anything?

What it boils down to is TALENT! Boxing gyms typically are very very cheap to train. So the trainers will quickly gravitate towards the fighters they see with talent simply because they can make the gym some real money with said person.

At a bjj/kb/mt school we all pay a hefty fee so the coaches spend ample time with everyone.

So actually I guess it boils down to $$ !

Faxon - So would it be a good idea to roll white collar for a half a year or a year to learn, and then go to the stank ass hardcore street gyms from there?

That's kinda the vibe I'm getting.

if you have an option that allows you to learn the fundamentals before you're thrown in the ring with a guy who has years of experience (and no compassion for newbies), then yeah, I'd definitely suggest that route... and if the training was good enough, there'd be no reason to switch to the stank ass hardcore gym unless there was an issue with the quality of sparring you were receiving (I'd definite recommend being in an environment where the sparring is competitive and the pool of boxers better than you large)...

a little story - a kid went into Vinny Vecchione's gym for 3 days in a row, and nobody would even say a word to him. Eventually, he got tired of it, and went to the gym across town, and they really trained him. That kids name was Marvin Hagler.

GladiatorGannon - a little story - a kid went into Vinny Vecchione's gym for 3 days in a row, and nobody would even say a word to him. Eventually, he got tired of it, and went to the gm across town, and they really trained him. That kids name was Marvin Hagler.

Marvin Hagler the Italian movie star used to be a boxer?

By the way, is it advisable to do boxing if you already have a metal plate on your cheek from a previous fracture?

Gladiator Dan,

He went to Pettronellis and it was a wrap.. My entire family grew up in Brockton..

Marion Cobretti - My entire family grew up in Brockton..

My condolences.

ttt

ya brocktons an absolute shit hole now... not so bad 30-40 years ago..

Marion Cobretti - ya brocktons an absolute shit hole now... not so bad 30-40 years ago..

Sometimes shitholes produce the toughest fighters.