Boxing vs. Grappling

Is Conor competing in boxing really that different in principle to other fighters competing at ADCC while under contract? Or Metamoris??

The stakes are obviously much higher in boxing but I assume fighters were paid (or supposed to be paid) by Metamoris- a promotion company... to me its not the same but its a similar principle. 

I think it's more about Boxing being sort of a rival to mma. They try and always talk shit about each other and compete against each other.

You hear people even Dana White say "boxings dead" "MMA is #1 combat sport" "No one even watches boxing anymore" etc.

Then you have boxers and boxing fans say " MMA is for gay dudes that like to hump each other" " MMA fighters have shitty boxing and could never make it in boxing" or " MMA fighters are just boxers who couldn't make it."

So (IMO) it's really just ego between the two and they like to compete and compare each other in terms of money, ppv buys, ticket sales, and skills.

MMA is Boxings little brother. MMA is highly threatened by Boxing.

they won't call Holly Holm a boxer even though that's clearly the sport she came from and where her greatest achievements are from.

Listen to Rogan he will never credit the sport when it's good to a fighter or coach. The only time Rogan will refer to boxing is if it is negative. "Holly Holm is a kickboxer" - Durkin Ronda fight.. "Edmund is just a boxing coach".- explaining the Ronda losses. Even though Holly is clearly a boxer and Edmund is not. It's ridiculous.

Gandhi -

I think it's more about Boxing being sort of a rival to mma. They try and always talk shit about each other and compete against each other.

You hear people even Dana White say "boxings dead" "MMA is #1 combat sport" "No one even watches boxing anymore" etc.

Then you have boxers and boxing fans say " MMA is for gay dudes that like to hump each other" " MMA fighters have shitty boxing and could never make it in boxing" or " MMA fighters are just boxers who couldn't make it."

So (IMO) it's really just ego between the two and they like to compete and compare each other in terms of money, ppv buys, ticket sales, and skills.

That makes a lot of sense, so is it a matter of the UFC being able to block grappling competition also by its contracted fighters but choosing not to?