Bravado Tournament in April

This Kashk guy leaves me with the impression that he is a violent type: "May I punch him in the head, may I bite him on the cheek, may I knee him in the naughty bits" etc. :)

Questions son about the questionable crowd he hangs around with. Discovers instead that son is a bad influence on Kashk because the earlier influence of Monkey has become ingrained ;)

I think this is shaping up to be an excellent tournament. That is why I am so interested in dicussing the rules.

"The referees at this tournament will determine that on the mat.If they feel your purpose is to hurt your opponent they will stop you.Chances are if your purpose is gain better position your hand wont be there long anyway,but I think you know whats right ,its just a matter of how it will be enforced your concerned about."

Exactly, I don't really think hat discretion should be left to the refs to this degree.

As someone who takes the job of being a referee very seriously I don't like loosely defined rules. The way I see it, if you aren't pushing against the eyes or nose you should be okay. Creating discomfort is part of the game. However, there is a difference between pushing and striking. There are some competitors who repeatedly "push" the face in a rapid manner ( allowing for separation between each push). To me that constitues actualy striking. As the technique is not being applied in manner guarunteed to create or maintain space or improve position. Instead the efectiveness of the technique relies on the distracting/discomforting nature of the blow.

Hopefully the refs will be instructed to make this or a similar distinction, as opposed to judging the apparent effectivenss of the technique.

Once again I am glad that the promoters of this event see fit to hold these types of discussions, so that the tournament wil lbe as sucessful as possibel.

ttt

ttt