BREAKING: Contract talks between the PFL and Kayla Harrison have stalled

Pay her!!!

Lol

Ufc probably telling her big ass it’s ‘35 or no deal

The UFC can make her a star. They did with Ronda.

Make Nunes vs Kayla for the FW title then Kayla can crush cans in the FW division.

This whole situation is retarded. Does she not understand that the PFL and UFC are the same thing? Ali, aka her manager, is the fucktoy of Dana White. He’s the former VP of WSOF… which was a secret arms length fucktoy of the UFC. The PFL IS WSOF.

True story: she played hardball in negotiations but she doesn’t even know who’s negotiating with her and against her. Answer: it’s all against her. She fucked up by talking hard against Dana. She’s going to get the Ben Askren treatment now.

I genuinely feel sorry for the fighters who aren’t on the up-and-up about this. The WSOF was the UFC’s penal colony so they could dump expensive past-prime contracts like Jake Shields, Yushin Okami and Palhares. It effectively allows them to get a much better bargain on the contract while guaranteeing that the fighter doesn’t go elsewhere and build some other promotion that ISN’T the UFC. Ironically, by keeping it a secret, they can wave the WSOF/PFL around and say “look, we’re not a monopoly, look at these other guys who are thriving”.

How else do you think the PFL million-dollar tournament model stays afloat? Ask yourself the question: who could afford to fund that?

I don’t hate the UFC, PFL or the WSOF… but I hate it when fighters get the shaft. Bunch of rich elites taking advantage of low IQ individuals.

1 Like

Not Ronda 2.0 at all. Ronda’s look combined with her personality and charisma allowed her to become as famous as she did. Kayla looks very different, lacks the sex appeal and does not have the charisma.

There was also a talent pool for Ronda to compete in at BW. At LW and FW there is not the same talent pool for Harrison.

Yeah yeah, I know they both have a judo background and blond hair.

vs

2 Likes

Gotta admit, that era of Ronda was SUPER HOT.

So why cycle like that if you have the clear skill advantage?

1 Like

People talk about Strikeforce Brittany but they forget about Strikeforce Ronda. Too focused on Strikeforce Gina.

I took that into account. Still figuring 350-400k base pay plus the PPV cut she would probably get would end up being more if she fought the same amount of times. It would be close even without a PPV cut. Plus she would become a lot more famous than she ever can in PFL, allowing her to demand more.

Ronda was never a sex symbol. A lot better than Kayla, sure, but that was never a big part of her fame. She mostly blew up because she was the type of woman the mainstream loves to promote, i.e. the strong confident type. Kayla is that too.

Sorry man, you can’t rewrite history. I’m not saying she was a major cultural sex symbol but she for sure had some sex appeal and it contributed to her pop.

https://thespun.com/more/swim/look-ronda-rouseys-top-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-photos

I find Kayla to be pretty unlikeable. I thought it was great when she saw her cash cow disappear right in front of her eyes with the Nunes loss, and along with that, she lost a lot of leverage with the PFL whom she totally disrespected as she had one foot out the door.

1 Like

To each his own I guess, but before TUF, she was always marketed with that ear-to-ear smile, just beaming, media darling, thrilled to have the spotlight. Not quite a sex symbol as you say, but they were marketing what that was. Super photogenic, maybe?

She certainly did disrespect them to a degree which is so strange since they created a fake fucking division for her with WLW. Nobody else in the entire sport has had that privilege since Dana turned 200 lbs into 205 lbs due to the size of Tito’s head.

She acts like she is dealing with an established and functioning division in the sport when she talks about these promotions and WFW and WLW and that is hardly the case. The rankings sites have combined FW and LW just to be able to even put together a top 20 for fucks sake. Its a joke.

1 Like

How much money will she bring into the UFC? Ain’t nobody paying to see that shit. Maybe like three guys on this thread, so a total of around $240. And she wants how much? Hard pass.