British Article: Wrestling is Gay

Eliminating the singlet would go far in toning back the gayness. Boardshorts and rashguards would be fine.

Son of Neckbone - Eliminating the singlet would go far in toning back the gayness. Boardshorts and rashguards would be fine.

There used to be debates about this on youth wrestling forums; specifically, how to increase interest in the sport at a young age. After several years of my kids involvement in youth wrestling I saw a continued increase in the amount of tournaments and wrestlers, so I really didn't notice a problem with participation at that level. The problem develops around HS, where kids dropped off to other sports for a variety of reasons - a big one being the negative stigma of rolling around with another dude in tights.

I completely agree with Son of Neckbone that changing from singlets to shorts/rashguards could help change attitudes towards the sport for the better.

However, a conflicting issue with changing what a wrestler wears is tradition - High level clubs and college teams seem to revert back to old school look.

The only time I found wrestling to be gay was when I was on the JV team, and the assistant coach sprung a massive hardon after going live for 3 minutes with our HW

This "wrestling is gay" attitude is why people from the uk cant fight. Connor is their only hope at a title and they are keeping him away from wrestlers like the plague. Phone Post 3.0

relevant to my interests! Thanks again Mr. Lupo!

TMT - People say wrestlers are gay, but they would never start a fight with a wrestler, either. Go figure.
I don't think they are gay but it is very homoerotic.

I love it. Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - 

The only time I found wrestling to be gay was when I was on the JV team, and the assistant coach sprung a massive hardon after going live for 3 minutes with our HW

Then what happened?

notsobigmike - 
HexRei - Ben McNutt is himself gay. I don't think he was trying to imply that all wrestlers are gay so much as look at it photographically from a gay perspective.

I had an argument with an acquaintance a few years ago in which he posited that MMA in general looks really gay. At first I debated him for a while but eventually told him that the only way he'd see it that way is if he himself was gay. Turned out he was in fact, and I was apparently the only one who didn't know.

A few years ago I was at the home of a friend who happens to be gay.

In the living room I noticed he had some gay lifestyle magazine sitting out with a big picture on the cover of two guys fighting MMA with the caption that UFC is the hottest sport to watch or something to that effect.

Interesting. Do gay MMA fans have a favorite fighter? I have to assume Rockhold is a gay favorite because he's really sexy. Anyone else?

I ass raped all the kids who ever called me gay. Just to let them be right. Phone Post 3.0

TMT -
notsobigmike - 
HexRei - Ben McNutt is himself gay. I don't think he was trying to imply that all wrestlers are gay so much as look at it photographically from a gay perspective.

I had an argument with an acquaintance a few years ago in which he posited that MMA in general looks really gay. At first I debated him for a while but eventually told him that the only way he'd see it that way is if he himself was gay. Turned out he was in fact, and I was apparently the only one who didn't know.

In the living room I noticed he had some gay lifestyle magazine sitting out with a big picture on the cover of two guys fighting MMA with the caption that UFC is the hottest sport to watch or something to that effect.

Interesting. Do gay MMA fans have a favorite fighter? I have to assume Rockhold is a gay favorite because he's really sexy. Anyone else?
Dan hardy with his animal rights and art shows.. Oh wait, he's british isnt he? Interesting. Phone Post 3.0

Southpaw76 - 
TMT -
notsobigmike - 

Dan hardy with his animal rights and art shows.. Oh wait, he's british isnt he? Interesting. Phone Post 3.0

Go home southpaw you're drunk :P

HexRei -
Brigham - Vice has honestly become everything they supposedly hated when they started. It's sad Phone Post 3.0

I've been reading Vice since 2002, long before they had a website, and nothing about this article really betrays their roots. They focused mostly on fashion, art, and music back then. Gay people are everywhere in those industries.
It's become very PC though, it used to be offensive to everyone pretty much equally but it's got a salon.com feel lately. One of the founders left to start his own thing which probably has a lot to do with it. Phone Post 3.0

rbl - 
HexRei -
Brigham - Vice has honestly become everything they supposedly hated when they started. It's sad Phone Post 3.0

I've been reading Vice since 2002, long before they had a website, and nothing about this article really betrays their roots. They focused mostly on fashion, art, and music back then. Gay people are everywhere in those industries.
It's become very PC though, it used to be offensive to everyone pretty much equally but it's got a salon.com feel lately. One of the founders left to start his own thing which probably has a lot to do with it. Phone Post 3.0

Gavin McInnis is slaying all the sacred cows at Taki mag online. 

The VICE documentaries on other countries are great. I don't really like them otherwise.