Brock is coming back

Of course he will be back. The UFC throws some nutty money at him.

CaptainNemo -

Of course he is coming back. 

The fight will mean nothing in terms of ranking but will mean big bucks in revenue.

This guy gets it.

Hasn't it only been a little over a year since he tested positive? 

Gullivers Travels -

Money talks. These are govt/state run bodies. Very corrupt. NSAC? uhhh.... yeah...

Gullivers Travels -

He has 6 months left on his suspension 

Haha who gives a shit. Dude can’t even fight 

crazy that the UFC can't keep any of their draws on the payroll either because the UFC refuses to pay them or they get caught cheating. Eventually UFC starts throwing big money at people who intend to stay on the payroll only for one or two big paydays, which only delays the inevitable.

Maybe the economics will just never work, but I think the only way out of this is for the UFC to embrace a fighter's union and start negotiating. Nothing would really change but everyone would know what they're going to earn and people would no longer feel like they're getting screwed. If the UFC still can't attract or retain talent they can always throw more money at the problem. This would allow them to develop a stable talent pipeline that they can promote, and give the recognized fighters a reason to stay.

stainlesssteel -

Amazing how so much of MMA is dominated by news no one gives a crap about.

Ronda Rousey now in the WWE! Who cares??

Lesnar coming back! Bruh please.

Mayweather may take an MMA fight. GTFOH!

Chuck Liddell wants to fight Tito Ortiz again. Are you fucking kidding me??

The UFC risks turning into soap opera with all these bogus storylines instead of a legit fight factory if things don't change.

Ronda was the pioneer of this, and the UG helped pave the way with articles like "Ronda Rousey on using lube 'If you need lube you're doing it wrong.'" 

I still love MMA and the UFC, but they have definitely taken a pivot from being a sport that focuses on competition to being a sport that focuses on drawing viewers via entertainment value. Brock would add to that focus for sure.

I distinctly remember that 'If you need lube you're doing it wrong.'"

Also I agree with this statement: I still love MMA and the UFC, but they have definitely taken a pivot from being a sport that focuses on competition to being a sport that focuses on drawing viewers via entertainment value. Brock would add to that focus for sure.

You know when the sale of the UFC to WME-IMG was announced, I think we all hoped that with the new ownership, major changes would occur. As far as I can tell, that hope has not been realized. In all honesty, I don't believe new ownership really cares for the UFC itself as the premier fight organization. I truly believe new ownership looks at the UFC primarily as a cash cow. If you read the press releases announcing the sale, the big benefit constantly touted is the global reach of the UFC. And not global reach as in introducing the fight game to new viewers, global as in increasing PPV sales in those countries.

Not there is anything wrong with a company wanting to maximize revenue from a new asset but fight fans who were looking for fighters to suddenly share the gigantic PPV stream or for a new focus on quality of fights, not happening.

I believe the day will come with fighters and fans will pray for the return of the Fertitta brothers.

I'ma say Derrick Lewis

I mean Jon Jones is technically elligible by the end of the year. Not the most likely, but since it would be such a huge draw, WME might try to force it to happen. So Brock vs Jones on the New Years Eve Card is possible.

its gotta be overeem

oranos -

its gotta be overeem

Reem is probably fighting Blaydes.  http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/alistair-overeem/report-alistair-overeem-vs-curtis-blaydes-works-ufc-225/

They're probably going to give Brock a ranked, well-known fighter than he matches up well against.  Lewis fits the bill perfectly.  Brock should be able to take him down and keep him down.

Attila -

I'ma say Derrick Lewis

Where's Sable's fine ass?

Give Hunto his rematch vs clean *cough* Brock.

stainlesssteel - 

Amazing how so much of MMA is dominated by news no one gives a crap about.

Ronda Rousey now in the WWE! Who cares??

Lesnar coming back! Bruh please.

Mayweather may take an MMA fight. GTFOH!

Chuck Liddell wants to fight Tito Ortiz again. Are you fucking kidding me??

The UFC risks turning into soap opera with all these bogus storylines instead of a legit fight factory if things don't change.

They’d be complete idiots to avoid headlines with the only genuine stars this sport has ever had…especially since they currently have NONE.