Brock Lesner: untold UFC 141 story/me and my homie, the reem lol

John Candy Reaction GIF

Edit

In that bathroom at Wand’s gym there was a bench against the wall. I was sitting on it. To the right were 1 or 2 showers. I happened to be sitting on that bench as Wand walked out of shower… he was just nonchalant about it.

Ive already posted pictures of a freeze frame of a video im in with Wand… why would i make that up? Lol

2 Likes

I think he believes the story but he does not believe you parted ways without tasting Axe Murderer big pee pee.

1 Like

Ill leave the tastings to them then. No need to get crass or besmirch a fellow human and family man.

2 Likes

Epic thread dude

Lots of great experiences

3 Likes

Thanks. Im still recalling. More to come. I was fortunate NGL.

1 Like

In for later

1 Like

Great thread.

1 Like

yeah this is awesome

1 Like

In for stories

1 Like

Just a thought:
Im a bit of a germaphobe and hypochondriac. I always made sure to shower immediately after mma/bjj at the gym. I wish looking back to 2010-2015 that i listened/ watched and cared more about podcasts. Post-gym shower podcasts would have been the tits. At XC they had 2 shower rooms. Each with 2 separate showers. So almost daily id be cleaning up right beside some notable mma fighter. XC has always had a good roster of talent.

The gym would also get lots of high profile fighters that would come in just before vegas fights or randomly for a few days while vacationing. They’d come to town early to acclimate to time and weather. So it was common to see someone who normally didn’t come through M-F; pop in for a few days. Guys like Donald Cerrone would show up with their camper-in-tow and get in a session. So you’d get to see the Uriah Faber’s, Chael Sonnen’s, international fighters, etc.
For whatever reason, I could get guys to converse in there that otherwise weren’t that chatty. I believe this concept for a podcast would have really worked. And been unique. Maybe audibly challenging? Regardless, i had some good chats in those rooms. People seemed more responsive and open in there…

2 Likes

Since this thread is about mma/ufc I thought id share how i was able to still get in some training while out sailing the globe for 6 years since i left Las Vegas. I posted this in the Navy thread so apologies if its repetitive:

I was fortunate that on almost every ship i sailed on there was at least 1 person interested in boxing, mma, bjj, MT. In regards to jiu-jitsu, the ship had no matts. So I came up with the idea to lay a layer of yoga matts down, then the thick cardboard tri-wall, which we taped over so we’d have a better surface and so we could wipe it down, and would pull that thing out to roll.
(E.g.

)

In regards to detailing the ships gym amenities:
Most of the ships had 1.5-2 gyms. Some ships gyms were better equipped than others. But they all had free weights, machines and cardio equipment. One ship even had 3. All the way forward and below. Right up on the bow we had a “boxing gym”
In the boxing gym there was a heavy bag, speed bag, old free weights from when they updated the main gym, pull up bar, smith machine, gloves, bulgarian bags etc.

The ship got that room set up before I arrived there. With the help and influence of this Filipino Olympic boxer who was unfortunately off the ship when I arrived. But I spent a lot of time with many sailors teaching them how to hold and hit mitts.
I even got in some sparring.

Word spreads on a ship when somebody is something. So I had a few challengers and eager learners show up. Then I had some that never showed up to “spar” but when they were away from the ship they got to talking smack. I’m undefeated verses ship challengers btw lol.

One guy was ALWAYS trash talking about how he wrestled at a high level in high school and almost collegiate. I’m not an arrogant person. I’ve been beat up enough to know better. But I’m also not an idiot and anyone who has trained, especially every day for years, compounded by training with some of the best coaches/fighters in some of the world’s top gyms, knows that some big, old guy with no training or training in just 1 combat sport, isn’t likely a challenge. That had to be proven a few times to those who I fully explained my history to and who I tried talking out of sparring. But some still insisted until they were humiliated.
One of those trash talking, mouth running, full of bravado guys, was that high school wrestler who I finally agreed to meet in the gym. I landed a fireman’s carry takedown (anyone who wrestled already knows this guy hasn’t wrestled In a while if he’s getting that landed on him out the gate) which lead to me taking his back and eventually landing the rear naked choke. Not before he gouged both my eyes with his thumbs though!! The next day people kept coming up to me telling me about how he had been complaining about his throat being so sore that it might be broken/collapsing lmao. I only squeezed hard cause he was knuckle deep in my eyeballs!
Another time a couple guys wanted to test me on the beach of a river at an elephant sanctuary that was a several hour inland drive in Thailand. Elephants walking around not far from us. Like a movie. I got those recorded and previously posted
on here.

Then when in Port I’d occasionally go find some training.

Heres some mitt footage from the ship where you can see one of the more traditional gyms in the background:

And heres a video where you can see we’re outside the skin of the ship training:

Extras:

3 Likes

Awesome thread man.

2 Likes