Brown: Underdog status makes no sense

why do fighters even care if they're the underdog? Wouldn't that just make it easier for their supporters to make easy money?

I see Brown finishing Silva rather violently, don't understand it myself, kind of a no win fight for him but a man's gotta eat

This is such a good match up.

Oddsmakers go with the hype when they think it isn't hype. It's no different than predicting when a stock will rise and when to buy. If I was brown that would motivate more than piss me off. It's nothing personal against him. They just think they've analyzed the numbers correctly. Phone Post 3.0

I feel sorry for Matt Brown man. Going from a number one contender fight with Condit to Erick Silva. I think Brown will get him but it's gonna be a pick em fight. I wouldn't bet on it. Phone Post 3.0

Excited about this fight. Brown opened at +130, crazy that he went as high as +230

I have Brown too, if he can stymie the predictable opening flurry by Silva. Phone Post 3.0

ISawSilva'sBONEr -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Vegas knows Phone Post 3.0
This. They ain't dumb... Phone Post 3.0
They place odds according to the money coming in... I'm pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about. Phone Post 3.0

keep doubting him...brown will break silva...

i think it will all make complete sense after sat...but we shall see.

It actually makes perfect sense.

Rankings are base of wins, and odds are based off who will probably win a fight. Phone Post 3.0

Easy money.

“Some of my coaches told me, ‘Dude, I should put money on you [to lose],’” Brown said.

Yeah. Eric Silva will bring him back to reality Saturday. Phone Post 3.0

1st round Immortal wins by ko/tko

mijo - Yeah. Eric Silva will bring him back to reality Saturday. Phone Post 3.0

DHK taught Erick a thing or 2 about that, eh?

lordbreakdown - I have Brown too, if he can stymie the predictable opening flurry by Silva. Phone Post 3.0
Silva kinda annoys me. He's got all the tools but seems to lack something. Maybe focused training. Something is missing from his game. He's got the potential to be just as dominant as John Jones but gasses so fast. I really hope he gets his game together because if love to see him do well. Phone Post 3.0

_backfist - Is this a good 20 dollar parlay?

Brown +180
Neil Magny +220
Tumenov -200 Phone Post 3.0
You tell us Phone Post 3.0

Good Boy Killa - It will make perfect sense after silva destroys him Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Everyone bitching about the Vegas odds for Brown vs Silva. Doesn't the odds get set based on number of people betting? If Brown is underdog, it just means no one was betting on him to win. It's not odd makers, people had no faith in him.

I guess how they opened the odds were little off but if enough people (betting) picked Brown to win, eventually Odds will be closer on fight day. People just didn't have faith in him for whatever reason. Probably the lay off... Phone Post 3.0