Bruce Lee the fighter

"Im pretty sure to be a fighter you'd have to FIGHT. When did Bruce do this? "

Bruce did fight. He fought wong jack man in a challenge match. he fought a lot of scrubs on the set of enter the dragon as well.

"Hayward nishioka was a medalist or high level Judoka from that period. He said bruce was an awesome fighter and would kick his ass."

Training is far different from fighting. He never fought him. Besides we have no idea in what format they trained. What if it was all striking.

I have no problems with people wanting to call Bruce a fighter. Its the people who claim if he was alive in his prime today. He would conquer MMA at 143 lbs. Or who call him one of the best fighters from that time. Thats what makes me laugh

Warez said: "Get fucking real and quit idolizing him because you saw Enter the Dragon when you were 5."

CORRECTION:

I saw Enter The Dragon when I was 12...

yeah dude. I'm white man! you didn't know that?

self hating white boy like Tom Cruise in Last Samurai.

what's wrong with being a pony-tailed white guy that is obsessed about being asian?

i just don't get it.. what's wrong with jacking to hentai all day long?

Look at his body its pathetic, Lee is built like an anorexic house wife that has been over training.

http://hometown.aol.com/buffalofox/images/bruce%20lee%20yin%20and%20yang.jpg

bruce lee was and innovator and an incorporator. he took chinese kung-fu, blended it with other styles he was exposed to and invented his own style, jeet koon doe or way of the intercepting fist. if he had been exposed to bjj, and seen it's effectiveness i am sure he would have incorporated that too. during his life he epitomized the term mixed martial arts. i would like to see any of you doubters do a 1 finger push up or a 1 inch puch that packed as much power and bruce lee did. have you ever even seen any of the non-movie footage of this guy. besides the physical stuff, he was an incredible philosopher, and reflected deeply on important issues outside of fighting. race and equality for example-

what makes bruce lee the man to me is a story that was told about him on documentary i watched. when he first moved to this country he lived in oakland and opened up his own dojo. bruce thought that everyone, reguardless of race or religion should be able to learn chinese kung fu. the old school chinese kung fu masters in san francisco disagreed, and went out to have a "chat" with him. it was agreed that the old schoolers would sent their "champion" over to bruce's dojo the next day to fight bruce. if he won, bruce had to quit teaching chinese kung fu, but if bruce won he could continue to teach anyone he pleased. the next day the "champ" came over and they scrapped tooth and nail, with bruce eventually emerging victorious, and able to teach anyone he pleased. thats why he's the man, because he said 'everyone has a right to know this, and i am going to stand up for what i believe in'.

bruce lee was the mf'in man!

what if the brazilians had felt like the chinese old school, and not wanted to teach anyone who wasn't brazillian bjj?

charlie horse is corrrect. good post.

im sorry i dont talk shit about anyone on any forum

BUT DONT FUCK WITH BRUCE, ASSHOLES!!!

Actually it was Bruce's disdain at how long it took him to dispatch the "champion" of the other masters that caused him to really get on the ball and pursue his fitness and expand his knowledge to include every technique he found effective.

"Chuck Norris is an actor too. He just fought profesionally."

maybe i'm the fool, but i just check the fight databases and couldn't find him....could someone elaborate?

bruce lee is a figure that will always be connected with mixed martial arts. do i think he is one of the best fighters ever? no but i do think he is the greatest because of what he did and that was expose chinese culture and martial arts to the masses.he also flipped a lot of heads about learning different types of martial arts. everything has something to offer. you got to admit he is the most well known martial artist of all time. everyone knows who he is.