Bryan Barberena Calls out Platinum Following UFC Release

In what would be another bare-knuckle battle between former UFC fighters, Bryan Barberena has thrown his name in the hat to be Mike Perry’s next opponent.

Perry was in action this past Saturday, going one-on-one with Thiago Alves. This one didn’t last very long, as Perry put an end to “Pitbull’s” night in just one minute. “Platinum” continues to show off his dominance under bare-knuckle rules. With a record of 6-0, Perry is showing no signs of slowing down.

“Seems to me Perry needs himself a real brawler to brawl with,” Barberena wrote.

Perhaps this is the spark Barberena needs after he was let go of his UFC contract back in March. Barberena is on a four-fight losing streak, and he hasn’t won a fight since the summer of 2022. Still, all it takes is one impressive performance over a notable name to get back on track. Mike Perry is certainly a big name in the BKFC banner, but defeating him under bare-knuckle rules is no easy task. Perry always welcomes a brawl and if “Bam Bam” can deliver on his promise of standing toe-to-toe with “Platinum,” perhaps BKFC President David Feldman would be intrigued to book the matchup.

Perry has set his sights set on Darren Till, but the matchup has been talked about for so long with no movement. We’ll see if “Platinum” will get his wish or if Barberena will be given a crack at Perry.

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/released-ufc-fighter-sets-sights-on-mike-perry-bkfc

1 Like

Bryan Barberena Calls To Face Mike Perry, Promises To Meet Him Head On

While his transition into becoming the face of the sport has been incredibly impressive, not all of Perry’s opponents have been as suited to bare knuckle as he is.

The latest person to call him out however believes that he could step up to the plate and really give “Platinum” a run for his money.

Across all of his BKFC fights so far, despite his clash with “MVP” coming down to a tie breaker round, it was former The Ultimate Fighter cast member Julian Lane who really pushed Perry back in his bare knuckle debut.

That being said, a fighter like Bryan Barberena who is known for his toughness and durability would seemingly be a better test for the “King of Violence.”

Barberena was released from the UFC in March after fighting out his contract, leaving behind some incredible wars with the likes of Vicente Luque and Matt Brown.

He posted on social media in the aftermath of Perry’s latest win to throw his name in the mix as a potential opponent who would bring the fight to him.

“Seems to me Perry needs himself a real brawler to brawl with #bkfc”

1 Like

Sorry Barbs.

I’m happy for Perry to fight marquee type name value fighters.

The fight against the MW champ doesn’t even move my needle, but as I said have Perry against ex UFC/kickboxing champions or big names is Dope

2 Likes

They are running low on interesting MMA guys for him to fight. Robbie Lawler would be fun, but I am not sure who else would make sense and would actually want to fight under that rule set.

5 Likes

Robbie Lawler Vs Platinum Perry

Stephen Colbert Take My Money GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

9 Likes

Melvin Manhoef
Yoel Romero
Vitor

7 Likes

Perry Vs Jake Paul would be fantastic.

Loser quits social media and boxing forever

4 Likes

Ufc 205 Howdy GIF by UFC

3 Likes

I wonder if Nate or Nick want that smoke…

2 Likes

On fire with all these ideas. And I agree I like barberena, he’s tough but nobody wants to see that

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

2 Likes

Here’s a cracker

Platinum Mike Perry Vs Paul Semtex Daley

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

8 Likes

Stephen Colbert Murder GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

2 Likes

How about ex champ and former Michelin starred steak restaurant owner big rigg Johnny Hendricks, he has BK experience at least…

6 Likes

Hendricks could actually be big name enough and will definitely match size, but same date for him as the rest imo

4 Likes

BK like Burger King? He fought bare knuckle already?

Yes he has
In his last fight

Damn that was 6 years ago already, that’s a lot of time to eat and not train…

friends halloween GIF
Hendricks coming to the ring now lol

One of his last photos on IG was in 2021

3 Likes