Burns calls Usman welterweight GOAT, says wrestling and striking superior to St-Pierre's

Is Usman your new welterweight GOAT, or does GSP still hold that spot for now?

GSP still reigns supreme.

Usman’s title defenses are rematches with the exception of Burns.

Usman is great but he has a way to go to replace the WW GOAT.

8 Likes

People call GSP boring but still to this day no one has been able to mix it up like him, including Usman. He’s just a step behind when it comes to mixing striking with wrestling and plus he’s 36 I believe.

4 Likes

But Gilbert, you never fought GSP.
So you can shut the fuck up

7 Likes

Not yet. But he could be in a few years whether the GSP fans accept it or not lol

1 Like

If in a few years if Usman is still champ and has defeated several more would be champions that smashed everyone else in the division before being defeated by Usman, then yes he will be on par with GSP.

Defeating Colby and Masvidal twice doesn’t make anyone the goat.

Especially not Masvidal. He has 15 losses! 15.

Hell, if Colby started fighting in round one in the rematch he may have won the decision.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Also, it’s silly to call Usman the better wrestler. GSP might be the second best MMA wrestler of all time after Khabib.

2 Likes

Drop Mic GIF by Captain Obvious

2 Likes

1 Like

Of course he’s going to say that. It’s a lot more impressive to beat “the goat” than it is to beat a guy that most people don’t consider anywhere close at this time.

Plus I don’t think anyone expects that even if burns wins the belt that he’s going to defend it 9+ times so odds are that the only chance he’ll have to be in goat conversation are if he beats “the goat” even if that person isn’t.

1 Like

This and also he’s inflating the value of the guy who beat him to make himself better

2 Likes

Not
Even
Close

2 Likes

Jon Fitch, who lost to GSP and has trained with Usman, says St. Pierre ALL DAY, SON!!!

But his podcast is called Jon Fitch Knows Nothing, so take from it what you will.

3 Likes

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

2 Likes

Jesus Christ dude. Even Jon Fitch has a podcast? I cannot imagine how boring that must be

2 Likes

I am a fan but Usman is inferior to GSP

1 Like

Dude, lots of people can benefit from sleep aids at night rather than popping Ambien or drinking shitloads of Nyquil.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good point

GSP is the superior wrestler because he actually used it successfully against wrestlers.

5 Likes