Bushido LW to much talent

If you look at the names the level of talent imo its the best in mma barnone, there are a ton of fighters who could be champions, I am worried they will get lost in the mix.

You have Gomi, kawajiri, sakurai, ishida, hansen, aoki, melendez, azeredo, aurielo, hioki, the list goes on.

As for hioki his fight with curran is the only fight I never seen, but he just beat curran, and choked mark homnick unconcious.

All those fighters are championship material, I have no idea how pride is going to keep all that talent from getting lost in the mix.

Easily the best division in all of MMA.

The solution? Simple. Have a 16-man LW GP next year.

The deepest division in all of MMA. There is no doubt about that. It is close to the world average in weight. Therefore it has the greatest pool of fighters.

agree best division in mma...

LOL U guys should meet and blow each other, IMO

its good but your over-rating it.

LOL U guys should meet and blow each other, IMO

Why exactly? Just because we have an appreciation for the talent in the PRIDE LW division?

Hang yourself.

Caveman dave and uppacatz are members of the dana white luggage carrying squad that occupies this forum.

People can call me a pride nuthugger but i never say anything about ufc, until one of you guys has to make retarded comments about pride.

If you look at those names I mentioned you would see what a great division they have, but sadly you probably dont even know who half those fighters are.

"The deepest division in all of MMA."

Sorry, know ya just gonna scream Nuthugger cuz of this but the deepest division in MMA is UFC 170 without a doubt.

BJ, GSP, Hughes, Diego, Karo, Diaz, Kos, Burkman, Riggs... the list goes on.

When guys like Sherk and Fickett drop a class to be more competitive and ya gotta let guys like Miller, Trigg, Thomson, Lawler go you have a stacked weightclass

"If you look at those names I mentioned you would see what a great division they have"

Never said they have a bad division ... great talent and I woulda paid to see it (but glad I didn't have to)

That being said I dont think it's the most stacked weightclass...

Sorry, know ya just gonna scream Nuthugger cuz of this but the deepest division in MMA is UFC 170 without a doubt.

BJ, GSP, Hughes, Diego, Karo, Diaz, Kos, Burkman, Riggs... the list goes on.

When guys like Sherk and Fickett drop a class to be more competitive and ya gotta let guys like Miller, Trigg, Thomson, Lawler go you have a stacked weightclass

The UFC WW division isn't anywhere near as deep as the PRIDE LW division. After BJ/Hughes/Diego/Karo/Diaz you have a HUGE dropoff with the rest of the fighters being no names or B-level talent.

PRIDE LW division has:

Gomi

Kawajiri

Sakurai

Ishida

Hansen

Aurelio

Aoki

Melendez

Obiya

Hioki

Curran

Imanari

Azeredo

Azevedo

Marcello

Buscape

The UFC WW division doesn't match it. Period.

lol @ Kos Burkman Riggs !

you should do some research and see how many of these Bushido guys were former Shooto champs before you speak

or better yet go to mmaranks.com and see how many "wins vs. stats 200" each guy has - even BJ and Hughes have surprisingly few

"BJ, GSP, Hughes, Diego, Karo, Diaz, Kos, Burkman, Riggs... the list goes on."

that is actually one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. The WW division is NO match for the LW division.

The hottest weight divisions in MMA are as follows: HW, LHW and LW. Everything else is just no man's land between the divisions.

LW is the deepest because it is closest to the world average in weight. The fighters are quick, have more gas than any other weight division above it but unlike divisions below it, they have enough KO power to finish fights brutally.

The fact that a top 15 ranked Aurelio can come up and beat the defacto Champ just affirms how closely knit the top 20 in the LW division is.

Add K1's LW's such as Kid, Genki, Miyata etc. and UFC's Pulver, Sherk, Hominick and Yves... and there is no question that LW is the deepest division in MMA.

yea LOL @ Kos Burkman and Riggs.
They can't fight their way out of a paper bag.

A year and a half ago ya woulda said the same thing about GSP, hell ya prob would still say it if he didn't beat Penn.

not to mention this mix you have here, guys are gonna rack up losses just the same if you have them all fight each other.

"Add K1's LW's such as Kid, Genki, Miyata etc. and UFC's Pulver, Sherk, Hominick and Yves... and there is no question that LW is the deepest division in MMA"

Add all three I may agree with ya.

take just Prides and I disagree with ya.