Can Honda kick?

In Honda v Tate 2, Honda threw up a couple kicks as Meisha was getting up off the mat.
I remember being pretty surprised.

But even to this day, I can't remember seeing a video of Honda doing any kicks in practice.
Seems like a hole in her game.
Maybe because Edmond specializes in boxing. Or Honda does not get any MT training, or doesn't feel the need for it. Or maybe because her knee was weak prior to her recent surgery?

Not looking past Cat, but Holly has some good kicking power.
I wonder how Holly got her kicking skills seemingly up to speed pretty fast.
Anyone with insight?

Her coach said she could beat lumpiness champions in Muay Thai Phone Post 3.0

With her Judo core and legs she has the potential to hit like a mule. Phone Post 3.0

It seems like her main goal is to always be closing distance and looking for the clinch. Kicks just don't go with that gameplan which is why I think we rarely see them from her. She checks kicks well and has good knees so I doubt her muay thai training is lacking. Phone Post 3.0

Her main coach is primarily a boxer so I wouldn't be surprised if her attack was primarily boxing based when it comes to striking.

Also WMMA is at the point skill/talent wise where it probably isn't as necessary to be completely well rounded.

DanTheCan - Kicks are just glorified swings. Phone Post 3.0
Lol :D Phone Post 3.0

I think Honda's fights with Cat and Holly will be great, because they all seem to be naturally athletic and work hard. Cat should be a tough test, as she's also experienced and took out Tate.

Holly is a bit taller than all of Honda's previous opponents, and will have the most reach, including with her kicks. And, the first of Honda's opponents from the Jackson camp. She will need to dismantle Pennington to show herself to be ready for Honda.

UGCTT_EnderTL - It seems like her main goal is to always be closing distance and looking for the clinch. Kicks just don't go with that gameplan which is why I think we rarely see them from her. She checks kicks well and has good knees so I doubt her muay thai training is lacking. Phone Post 3.0

^ This

Kicks are distance weapons, and Ronda's whole game is built around closing distance and getting into the clinch.  It makes no sense for her to throw kicks.  Her emphasis is on shorter-range weapons, as it should be.

Steve4192 - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - It seems like her main goal is to always be closing distance and looking for the clinch. Kicks just don't go with that gameplan which is why I think we rarely see them from her. She checks kicks well and has good knees so I doubt her muay thai training is lacking. Phone Post 3.0

^ This

Kicks are distance weapons, and Ronda's whole game is built around closing distance and getting into the clinch.  It makes no sense for her to throw kicks.  Her emphasis is on shorter-range weapons, as it should be.

Thanks guys

"Now that she has 2 working legs, we have her sparring with kickboxing world champions in the gym," Tarverdyan said. "I've never seen Ronda lose a single round. You don't see guy MMA fighters out there -- name me one -- that can get the best of kickboxing world champions. Within every round. Maybe one round they might. I'm not going to underestimate any of the fighters out there or talk negative about any of the MMA fighters out there. They're great. There's a few of them can really kickbox and they do kickbox with professional world champions. But not the way Ronda does." Phone Post 3.0

Kicks are and excellent tool for controlling the movement of an opponent. They can limit their lateral movement and push them back to the cage. They also help with predictability. No read not to use them. Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe - Her coach said she could beat lumpiness champions in Muay Thai Phone Post 3.0
She never even lost a round. Phone Post 3.0

JayBRO -
Ray Elbe - Her coach said she could beat lumpiness champions in Muay Thai Phone Post 3.0
She never even lost a round. Phone Post 3.0
Then it is settled. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_EnderTL - It seems like her main goal is to always be closing distance and looking for the clinch. Kicks just don't go with that gameplan which is why I think we rarely see them from her. She checks kicks well and has good knees so I doubt her muay thai training is lacking. Phone Post 3.0
^this

I seen a few people post about Edmound mainly being a boxing coach, I thought he specialized in Muay Thai. Phone Post 3.0

Used to be videos and pics of her kicking pads or the heavy bag, now it's just her boxing.

http://daylifeimages.newscred.com/imageserve/aa3b915a00be69a0bbcaaf115e111ab9/660x495.jpg Phone Post 3.0

Holly kicks and drops her hands, Ronda will floor her with a hook when that happens. Phone Post 3.0

"She can out kickbox Semmy Schilt." -Rousey's coach Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle - 

Oh Lord LOL!!! VU tomorrow!

FCFBlazer - Holly kicks and drops her hands, Ronda will floor her with a hook when that happens. Phone Post 3.0

Holly does drop her hands, but she does an excellent job of controlling distance before she kicks.  She waits until her opponent is out of boxing range before she unleashes.  She always leads with her hands and gets her opponents to back up, then blasts them with a kick as they try to back out of the pocket.  I've never seen her get jammed up on one of her kicks because her opponent closed range on her.  Watch her highlights and you'll see almost all of her fight-finishing kicks have come when her opponent is backing up.