Can I be an a-hole for a moment?

Well, you get trolls in whatever ideology you follow. My favorite are the Joel Jamieson and Mark Rippetoe trolls. Usually what happens is somebody who doesn't know anything about anything learns something from a guru, system or whatever and thinks they are all knowing and if it didn't come from said guru it's crap and go around criticizing anybody doing anything different even though it may (or may not) be viable, but they can't tell the difference because in reality they don't know anything. Like the bjj blue belt who suddenly believes they are the god of bjj. What we called it in the army was knowing enough to get somebody killed.

You find that people who really know what they are talking about know that there are a lot of ways to skin the cat and can understand how various coaches may be doing things... therefore it makes sense, it is a method, not THE method. The thing is even most coaches know only a single way that has worked (or not) for their trainees but never bother to learn any thing else because it works most of the time. A good coach knows that different ways may work for different people. But there aren't many coaches like that out there....

At least Rippetoe tries to counteract some of his trolls...

"Thanks for the kind words, but if Starting Strength is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago."

"You are right to be wary. There is much bullshit. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic."

"I don't even like Greg Glassman. I don't have a cult like allegiance to the guy. I really don't like him. He's too hard to get on the phone and he doesn't drink my kind of scotch."

Mark is a great guy. It's not usually the system or the guru, its the nut swingers that are the problem. Rip has done more for functional weight training than probably anyone else in the past 30 years. But I certainly don't think he is infallible.

I will add though, some "gurus" do more than others to enable the nut swingers. For example, as you not, Rippetoe and some others expressely state that they are not the end all be all. Meanwhile, a few (Glassman, cough, cough) either do nothing to discourage the view when newbie nut swingers start mouthing off, or, usually with the view that it is good marketing, they passively (and sometimes not so passively) encourage the view that the guru knows everything.