Can we now stop with the Islam is better than Khabib nonsense?

Except he wasn’t able to land as much as he needed to at the end of the day. I would have liked nothing else more in the world to have seen Dustin win but he still got outstruck at the end of the day.

Yes I understand Dustin’s style and I also understand he was also weary of the TD, and that he may have ripped his acl and that his nose may have been busted on a head butt and that he had a short turnaround and camp….but Islam still outstruck one of the best boxers in the game.

Islam is now an elite striker.

Also Dustin was not reckless in that fight. He fought smart and measured. He knew the cost of each TD which effected his striking. That’s MMA.

Dustin himself said his corner was calling for kicks when Islam was dipping his head but was weary of the TD. He didn’t tee off like he does against the others that will just stand and bang.

He also said he had trouble with the timing as Islam like Khabib have awkward styles. Yeah he gave Islam trouble and landed some but Islam still got the better of the striking at the end of the day so we should give credit where it’s due.

If it was just a boxing match of course it would be different but who cares.