Can we now stop with the Islam is better than Khabib nonsense?

Islam might be a bit more well rounded and different fighters match up differently. However, after Saturday’s fight I think it’s safe to say that Islam is not nor will he ever be as good as Khabib. Islam is a great fighter but Khabib was an absolute killer. Dustin would have never out of the first round if Khabib had his back for minutes like that. Again, Islam is a great fighter and he showed a lot finishing that fight in the 5th after Poirier gave him everything he could handle but Khabib was on a different level.

3 Likes

Islam is a far better striker. That much is obvious. At takedowns overall khabib was better. At grappling/submissions… coin flip. I’m not qualified to answer that one

Khabibs aura was just different. I just believed the guy would never lose

2 Likes

He would have, had he stayed around and tried to defend his title more

He can’t be considered in the goat discussion.
Only people with 5+ belt defences can be considered.

Sure he may have got 5 or more, has he stayed around, but he didnt

Islam would beat Tibau, Khabib did not

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

we (dagis) are all one

pol

1 Like

Khabib mentally believes he’s the tougher man everytime he walks in a cage. Islam is more well rounded, Khabib is mentally more tenacious.

1 Like

Khabib more athletic, better cranium
Dont know about their striking cuz after few combos they try to wrestle, so cant say which one is better, its more about opponents fear to not get taken down
But khabib has faster hands and better balance/feet

Dustin is a better fighter now than he was when he fought Khabib.

1 Like

He kod tibau

That is far too big imo, they wouldn’t like it

Also I heard the P.i had had to tell “them” multiple times.es about the limit of ppl in their spa area.
No joke

We just saw Islam stand with Dustin Poirier for extended periods and got the better for most of it.

Take down threat… and no Dustin was tagging him hard, even landed flush straight left hand in 4th round, but Islam had good poker face, and Dustin was reckless he knew he is harder and better puncher

1 Like

You saying Dustin got the better of the striking?

Im saying Dustin is better striker and was sacrificing to make him open up and land his own shots