Can you believe Shogun is only 32?!

I really thought he was at least mid or, more likely late 30's by now. All of his days and fights in Pride, which has now been defunct for over 7 years. And he has now been fighting in the UFC for over 7 years.

Anyone else just assume this guy was a lot older than 32 by now? I know he is certainly starting to look it in the ring, at this point, unfortunately.

He'll be 33 in a few weeks. But, in terms of the beatings he's taken, he is 48 in mma years. Time for this guy to retire, and think about being a coach.

Yeah even though I knew his age, it's still a bit shocking.

the guy has been at war for a long time. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -

yeah, 32 in nog years.

Nog years is correct! Phone Post 3.0

peaked early from all the wars. sad thing to see but to be fair he's a lock for the hof. plus the hype before the fight something like "when you think of the history of mma you got to include shogun"

Between their two fights, I think Hendo single handedly might have added 5 years onto Shogun's "life" alone.

go back and add a few years for all the beatings he took (hendo fight, bones fight)

and vitor is 131

well he was at affliction

ranier wolfcastle - 

and vitor is 131

well he was at affliction

But was it in nog years?

RJJH -

yeah, 32 in nog years.

VU Phone Post 3.0

So where is that guy that was telling me Shogun has amazing boxing?

RJJH - 

yeah, 32 in nog years.

this

I went back to look at his fight record.... damn! I remember when he debuted in pride... Phone Post 3.0

He has had more career ending types of injuries than anybody and still stays somewhat active. Dont forget how chute Boxe used to train. He has had a lot more "fights" than his record implies.

St. Preaux is only 1 year younger but has much more tread left on the tires. Phone Post 3.0

wormiwalkinstik - 
Thingading - Between their two fights, I think Hendo single handedly might have added 5 years onto Shogun's "life" alone.
Ummm, the h-bomb fountain of youth?? Phone Post 3.0

I think I see what you're saying.

I meant that it probably added 5 fight years worth of damage to Shogun's career (and Rua probably did the same to Hendo).

If you prefer I would have said "took 5 years from Shogun's life".....well, there it is.

RJJH -

yeah, 32 in nog years.

This.

Physical age is only part of the equation. Just like NFL running backs. Wear and tear = age, too. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -

yeah, 32 in nog years.

VU I lol'd too much at this Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -

yeah, 32 in nog years.

Works out to roughly 50 years old. Phone Post 3.0

Meanwhile Kenflo is knocking on 40 and looking dapper as ever haha. Phone Post 3.0