Cancel Jones vs Stipe and do Pereira vs Jones

Jones vs Pereira is champ vs champ. The casuals and the hardcores would love it.

Nobody wants Stipe vs Jones… not even Dana, he is just stuck with it and the Jones injury and usual bullshit.

I know they can’t do it but if they let Aspinall defend vs Blaydes in July and let Jones defend in a champ vs champ fight vs Pereira that Jones fight could be even bigger than the first DC fight.

Plus the winner of the Aspinall vs Blaydes could get the next official title shot or declared champ if Jones were to win and retire.

Let Stipe go beat Pavlovich or Almeida or somebody if he wants another title shot or let him retire.

Fighters getting title shots with no wins in four years is a terrible look for the UFC. Its just admitting your HW division is shit.

3 Likes

It would be a short night for Bones. It would as fast or faster then Gane.

1 Like

Pereira would last longer than Gane. Training with Glover means something

1 Like

Its better than retired fighters getting title shots while having no wins in four years. That is just criminal.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing it. It would be a short night for Pereira

2 Likes

Point is, he has the momentum. He is the fighter 5-1 vs UFC champs since he arrived on the scene. All that happened while Jones went 1-0. Both are stars.

Point is, fans would love Jones vs Pereira, Aspinall or Ngannou and we are getting Jones vs Stipe instead despite nobody wanting that beyond Jones and Stipe.

When did Stipe last fight? Was that 14 years ago? I thought he retired 10 years ago. Crazy to see his name in this convo and that he’s involved with holding shit up. He never even trained full-time, he has to be near 60 years old now. lol

I am an Ohio boy and loved him! Can make the case for GOAT, but that feels like forever ago. God love him, he cannot be in contention for a title with this level of activity. It’s bizarre to me. Jones Murders him, Alex murks him. How is this even an equation?

100% Phooey Approved

1 Like

I believe as well Jones would handle Pereira.

1 Like

Yea he doesn’t have the grappling

The best fight to make right now at HW is Aspinall vs Jones.

The best fight to make right now at LHW is Pereira vs Ankalaev.

Just saying… this Jones Stipe fight is terrible and has zero hype or momentum behind it at this point. At least Pereira has the casual’s attention right now.

Guess the best thing HW fans can hope for right now is for Jones to defend vs Stipe and then agree to defend vs the Aspinall vs Blaydes winner.

Aspinal vs Jones would be big if they both look good in these upcoming fights.

Interim heavyweight champion Tom Aspinall (14-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC), who was in attendance, posted a cryptic image of him staring at Pereira from the crowd. When asked about the post, Pereira said he’s not concerned with who he fights.

“I don’t know man, only he can respond to that,” Pereira told MMA Junkie and other reporters through an interpreter at the UFC 300 post-fight press conference. “When I said I want to fight at heavyweight, I’m not going to give names right here. I told them I want to fight at heavyweight, so whoever they choose.”

However, UFC CEO Dana White dismissed the idea of Pereira at heavyweight during the post-fight news conference. He’d rather “Poatan” remain at 205 pounds.

“When you think about him moving up to heavyweight – you’ve got (Jon) Jones, you’ve got Aspinall and the list goes on and on in that heavyweight division,” White said. “Heavyweight division is nasty.

“I don’t know if that’s the right move for him. He looked damn good tonight in the division he’s in, so I think he might want to stick around there for a minute. But I don’t know. These are all things that we’ll talk about.”

Jones wants a mulligan for his retirement fight. A fight with Alex is 50 50. If Alex connect it’s lights out, if Jones gets the takedown it’s neck crank city

1 Like

jones stipe is crap Neiter ever fight

I would like to see AP/Jones but it would be our luck this entire scenario unfolds 100% how most of us do not want it to. Most of us I assume are wanting to see Jones get ktfo by AP, then Aspinall dominate Blaydes, setting up AP/Aspinall. Our luck, Jones instantly takes AP down and subs him, and then Blaydes would end up pulling off the upset and beating Aspinall. Leading us to Jones/Blaydes which we all know Jones will never do and he’ll “retire”, then we end up with Blaydes v Stipe

6 Likes