Can't believe I'm even thinking this...

...but if Bisping wins Saturday, I may actually be cheering for Anderson.

Never thought id see this day coming! Phone Post

Looks like you won't be cheering for Anderson then Phone Post

theinfamousjmo - ...but if Bisping wins Saturday, I may actually be cheering for Anderson.

What do you have against Anderson? Phone Post

I'm the same way..

I've never cheered for Silva (other than when I watch the replay of him dismantling Leben) because I've never liked him, but now I have realized that there are only a few people left that I would cheer for against him.

I think that Chael will dominate Bisping and beat him Saturday, but if somehow Bisping wins then I hope Anderson destroys him.

I REALLY thought I'd never say those words: "Hope Anderson wins"

After the cote, Leites, and Maia fights I started always rooting against Anderson. Bisping may bring me back to the dark side.

no racist

OftheWay -
theinfamousjmo - ...but if Bisping wins Saturday, I may actually be cheering for Anderson.

The first three fights of his I actually saw were Cote, Maia, and Leites. His first impression left me sour, and I have never gotten over it, even after his demolitions of Franklin, Leben, Forrest, etc.

Bisping is probably the only fighter I don't like more than Andy. Phone Post

Yeah F the GOAT!!! Phone Post

maybe someday the sport will grow big and we'll have stars. if the fans will stop hating its best athletes and tell everyone how amazing they are. build some stars instead of hate them

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - maybe someday the sport will grow big and we'll have stars. if the fans will stop hating its best athletes and tell everyone how amazing they are. build some stars instead of hate them

There's not gonna be a fighter universally liked or one universally hated.

I'm one of the biggest Jon Jones fans out there and think he's the future. And I get the feeling he's not going to insult or toy with any of his opponents like Andy has. Phone Post

If Bisping beats Chael, then I'll actually root for him against Silva. I've never hated Bisping, but I've never really liked him. I've only rooted against Bisping twice. First against Hamil and then against Mayhem. Phone Post

No way!

I'm suprised this headline didn't make the main page!

The noob is strong in this thread ....... (And I'm not just talking about forum join dates) ... People who are basing their opinions on the undisputed GMOAT and debatable GOAT (vs Fedor, Hendo), just based on watching him since his fights with Cote, Maia and Leites are quite ignorant and are in need of further MMA education.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - maybe someday the sport will grow big and we'll have stars. if the fans will stop hating its best athletes and tell everyone how amazing they are. build some stars instead of hate them

This is it!

Support the talented fighters. Dislike em all you want, but don't bash them to the people who know little about the sport.

You can hate silva, but when you bring him up to your neighbor, mention that he is one of the best fighters ever.

Popularity doesn't equal skill either. I expressed my distaste of the Brockwagon to everyone I talked mma with for a long time, because i felt that his popularity was actually bad for the sport. In that case he was definitely one of the biggest stars, but definitely not one of the best fighters, by far.

Show support for the good fighters to the uneducated world, they are why we are here. Phone Post

Yeps ^^

BadRobot321 -

This is it!

Support the talented fighters. Dislike em all you want, but don't bash them to the people who know little about the sport.

You can hate silva, but when you bring him up to your neighbor, mention that he is one of the best fighters ever.

Popularity doesn't equal skill either. I expressed my distaste of the Brockwagon to everyone I talked mma with for a long time, because i felt that his popularity was actually bad for the sport. In that case he was definitely one of the biggest stars, but definitely not one of the best fighters, by far.

Show support for the good fighters to the uneducated world, they are why we are here. Phone Post

Agree! Phone Post

Lorenzo Luciano - 
theinfamousjmo -
OftheWay -

The first three fights of his I actually saw were Cote, Maia, and Leites. His first impression left me sour, and I have never gotten over it, even after his demolitions of Franklin, Leben, Forrest, etc.

You realise he fought Cote and company AFTER he destroyed Leben and Franklin right? Phone Post

He realizes that.  He's saying he saw the Cote, Maia and Leites fights before he saw the other ones.  He went back and watched them and realized how talented Anderson is, but having watched Cote & co. before any other Anderson matches, he has a lasting (first) impression of Anderson as boring and possibly disrespectful. 

Why the fuck wouldn't you be cheering for Anderson?

Do you have a thing against classy, humble, charismatic, unbelievably talented, and awesome role model fighters?

Lol@ this nonsense Phone Post

Where can Michael Bisping win the fight vs. Chael? Even his stand-up won't see much time in the cage. Phone Post

ShanTheMan - After the cote, Leites, and Maia fights I started always rooting against Anderson. Bisping may bring me back to the dark side.

no racist

Ditto Phone Post

Gregg Roach -
Lorenzo Luciano - 
theinfamousjmo -
OftheWay -

You realise he fought Cote and company AFTER he destroyed Leben and Franklin right? Phone Post

He realizes that.  He's saying he saw the Cote, Maia and Leites fights before he saw the other ones.  He went back and watched them and realized how talented Anderson is, but having watched Cote & co. before any other Anderson matches, he has a lasting (first) impression of Anderson as boring and possibly disrespectful. 

This is correct. I have seen every one of Andy's UFC fights now (plus a few in PRIDE), but I first started getting into the sport about 6 months before the Cote fight.
I have no problem admitting he is the best MMA fighter in the world. I have no problem admitting he is the best fighter to grace the Octagon. I also have no problem admitting that he is my second-most disliked fighter in the organization. Phone Post