Caraway vs Sterling: The People's Main Event.

This is one of the best fights possible right now in the entire 135lb division. These two guys are both highly ranked, highly touted, and well known fighters. The winner of this fight is going to be very significant to the 135lb division. They will deserve a title shot more than the fighters in the main event in my opinion. If anything this acts as a mini tournament for the title. The winner of the main event and the people's main event should fight for a chance to fight for that belt. 

But why do I think this fight is better than the main event?

Aljamain Sterling is a rising star in the division. He is undefeated with a 4-0 record in the UFC. 3 out of 4 of those fights were exciting finishes. The Funk Master always brings it. A blend of being technical and aggressive. We've seen him throw slick submission and ferocious elbows. But all of that aside he is still relatively new to Zuffa. He started in UFC in 2014 and he started fighting in 2011.

Bryan Caraway on the other hand has been fighting for Zuffa since 2010 and he started fighting in 2005.

Kid Lightning is a gritty fighter who always brings it and stays in his opponents face the whole fight. Even in the later rounds he puts on a high pace. He hasn't been finished in the UFC. You can never count him out at any point in the fight.

Caraway seems to get a bad rep and fly under the radar because he is known best for being "Miesha's boyfriend". People ignore that he is actually a very experienced, and exciting fighter. He is grossly the underdog going into this fight. This fight is much closer to 50-50 than your bookie will have you believe. Don't underestimate Kid Lightning, he can have a war with anyone in the 135lb division.

This fight will put a rising contender against an elite fighter at 135lb. Get FightPass just for this fight. It's going to be a good one.

VU

And now I'm sold. I almost always root against Caraway, but it's only because he's like Tim Duncan, great fundamentals, but no shine. I do admire his toughness and the simple fact that you can never count him out.

Good post. Phone Post 3.0

Imo I think sterling beats both guys in the main event, I'm excited for this fight though Phone Post 3.0

I don't get why this fight is buried so deep on the card but Caraway gets a bad rep for a lot of reasons, not just for being Meisha's boyfriend. Phone Post 3.0

Caraway is one of the most underrated fighters out there. I think he beats Sterling. Phone Post 3.0

East bound and down Korean Powers - I don't get why this fight is buried so deep on the card but Caraway gets a bad rep for a lot of reasons, not just for being Meisha's boyfriend. Phone Post 3.0

Are you talking about the beef with Ronda?

Jacro -
East bound and down Korean Powers - I don't get why this fight is buried so deep on the card but Caraway gets a bad rep for a lot of reasons, not just for being Meisha's boyfriend. Phone Post 3.0

No, I'm talking about the whole Healy situation, fish hooking Erik Perez, and allegedly elbowing Cat. But if Ronda still has fans then I'm sure they hate him just for that. Phone Post 3.0

East bound and down Korean Powers -
Jacro -

No, I'm talking about the whole Healy situation, fish hooking Erik Perez, and allegedly elbowing Cat. But if Ronda still has fans then I'm sure they hate him just for that. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know if I buy the whole elbowing Cat thing personally. To me it sounds like they jumped to conclusions.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/20/4349602/bryan-caraway-cat-zingano-elbow-head-pat-healy-marijuana-ufc

The fish hooking thing I watched that fight when it was happening live and have rewatched it. I really don't think it was intentional.

I actually never heard about the Cat Zingano thing so i went and read/watched a few things about it. Even Dana was poo pooing it.

I just white knighted Caraway I realize that. You make a good point on why someone might hold a grudge against him. 

I personally do not. I think he seems like a pretty cool chill guy who has gotten some really bad media coverage.

Jacro -
East bound and down Korean Powers -
Jacro -

I don't know if I buy the whole elbowing Cat thing personally. To me it sounds like they jumped to conclusions.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/20/4349602/bryan-caraway-cat-zingano-elbow-head-pat-healy-marijuana-ufc

The fish hooking thing I watched that fight when it was happening live and have rewatched it. I really don't think it was intentional.

I actually never heard about the Cat Zingano thing so i went and read/watched a few things about it. Even Dana was poo pooing it.

I just white knighted Caraway I realize that. You make a good point on why someone might hold a grudge against him. 

I personally do not. I think he seems like a pretty cool chill guy who has gotten some really bad media coverage.

I actually don't hold a grudge against him, except for a lil bit because of the Healy situation but that's cause I'm a big Healy fan and a pot head but I actually met him at an event and bullshitted with him about his toe shoes for like 5 minutes. Phone Post 3.0

This is on fightpass? Weak Phone Post 3.0

War Caraway! Phone Post 3.0

Sterling is going to look good in this fight Phone Post 3.0

Caraway is under rated, he did better than I expected against Wineland and got the win. I can't count Caraway out, he can edge out a decision.

Sterling will be champ one day, but I think Caraway takes this one Phone Post 3.0

Good write up jarco Phone Post 3.0

Its silly that anyone thinks this is an easy fight. BC is TUFer than most & good at what he does. #IWantTheChallenge https://t.co/WvnfCbSpVs

— Aljamain Sterling (@FunkMaster_UFC) May 20, 2016