Carla calling her shots now. Could care less what Weili wants

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2022/6/20/23176186/carla-esparza-could-care-less-what-zhang-weili-wants-fight-will-happen-when-it-makes-sense-ufc

Instead of hiding under a rock after one of the worst championship fights in history, she’s saying that any fights against Weili are gonna be on her time and when she’s ready.

I’m sure Dana White is THRILLED.

8 Likes

Fake champ. Up there with Aljo. on the mount rushmore of who gives a fuck.

Wasnt much of a fight but what there was rose won.

10 Likes

Two time champ!

giphy

1 Like

Jesus christ just cut that spar heavy retard. I wouldnt watch her cageside fight for free

4 Likes

I’m getting about sick of MMA. Never thought I’d say that…

3 Likes

How fucking convenient and stupid….

1 Like

Could care less, huh.

COULD care less?

COULD!?

7 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

landon-nya

You go girl !! I’m sure this will work out just great for her. lol

Just book Rose and Weili for the title. Pretend Carla doesn’t even exist. Fine with me. Or just give Weili the title, that’s cool too.

Is Weili interested in moving up to 125 for a fight with Valentina? If so we could just delete the 115 division and solve the no-longer-Thug Rose problem and the Carla problem at the same time.

5 Likes

She’s gonna come up with all sorts of excuses to hold on to her belt as long as possible, and those excuses will preferably portray her as the one calling the shots and in control.

In the end, who cares. It’s WMMA.

2 Likes

Weren’t you correcting somebody on this in another thread recently? This phrase is misused a LOT

1 Like

It sounds like something I would do.

1 Like

Rose didnt do shit. First fight ever where the secondary criteria of aggression actually gets scored.

2 Likes

I would truthfully be fine with this.

UFC should just start immediately stripping champs who say stupid shit like this, and only offer them insane style mismatches on prelims until they retire or get beat and have no value to other promotions

Do this for 2 years and watch how these fucking attitudes switch up.

1 Like

Well, she IS the champ. If the UFC wanted her to fight Weili next week in China and she said no you guys would find a way to hate on Carla.

She’s gonna’ get Ngannou’ed if she tries to play that game. She doesn’t have the star power to be making any sort of demands yet, champion or not

It needs to be corrected every time it happens. You are doing God’s work PaleandGangly. Keep fighting the good fight.

1 Like

I care so little about her and WMMA, but I did go read the interview anyway. You guys are overreacting here ha ha. If the UFC makes this fight, she implies she’ll do it. She doesn’t want to oblige Weili, that’s all.

But I like what Zhang proposes. October is still a long ways, and it’s not like Carla was damaged from her “fight”!

Turns out you lose a lot of bargaining power when you’re in one of the top 10 shittiest fights in UFC history. Other fighters take note.

2 Likes