CCyborg Set For Ring Return , Pissy With PFL - 4/27

https://www.mmanews.com/news/bellator-champion-cris-cyborg-boxing-return-amid-frustration-pfl

Bellator Women’s Featherweight Champion Cris Cyborg’s next taste of combat sports action won’t be inside a cage.

Cyborg, who is widely considered one of the greatest female mixed martial artists of all time, last competed in the sport at Bellator 300 in October 2023. In what marked her first MMA fight in 18 months, the Brazilian stopped Cat Zingano inside one round.

The following month, the Professional Fighters League (PFL) finalized its long-rumored purchase of the Bellator promotion, appearing to pave the way for Cyborg to finally do battle with Kayla Harrison.
But the former judoka departed the PFL for the UFC, and a potential champ vs. champ fight between Cyborg and Larissa Pacheco didn’t come to fruition for this past February’s event in Saudi Arabia.

Since then, Cyborg’s social media account has been vocal in bemoaning her ongoing MMA layoff and frequently criticized a lack of communication from the PFL higher-ups regarding her SmartCage debut.

And Donn Davis’ claim that the featherweight great will co-headline the event for Francis Ngannou’s MMA return this fall seemingly hasn’t done much to reduce the animosity.

Cyborg To Make Fourth Boxing Outing On April 27, PFL Debut Still Uncertain

With her frustrating surrounding the lack of an MMA booking and the PFL’s reluctance to place her against Leah McCourt at a Bellator Champions Series event, Cyborg will instead lace the boxing gloves next.

It was announced in a recent press release that the Brazilian MMA legend will make her second boxing appearance of the year, having extended her perfect record to 3-0 with a knockout win over Kelsey Wickstrum in California this past January.
Cyborg will have another match on April 27, this time opposite Widnelly Figueroa (0-2) in the main event of Green Bay Fight Night at The Watering Hole in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

“I was hopeful to be fighting Pachecho in June, which gave me limited dates to pursue a boxing fight,” Cyborg said in the release. "Figueroa is a tough opponent who has been in the ring with boxing Olympians with a lot more experience than me. I have been training hard and am hoping to continue showing the improvements I am making in my boxing skills.

“I want to prove to the people in boxing that my KO power in MMA can translate into KO power with the bigger gloves. I’m working on my boxing techniques so that I am going to be able to deliver the type of fight-ending finishes fans want to see. I’m looking to bring excitement to women’s boxing like I’ve done in WMMA."

“I am excited to return to the sport of Boxing as the Main Event of Green Bay Fight Night. This will be my first time in Wisconsin and I’m looking forward to meeting all my fans! This is a small venue, don’t wait to get tickets.”

In addition to failing to record a win through two pro fights to date, Cyborg’s opponent hasn’t competed in the ring since 2017.

Figueroa will return after seven years to face the Bellator champ in a fight comprised of two four-minute rounds and fought in 10-ounce gloves at 154 pounds.

I like watching cyborg fight.

I’ll enjoy watching her Murk this 0-2 can in boxing