Cerrone-Alvarez possible for UFC 178

Obviously something as of late has changed with the UFC. They are signing the fighters and the fights people are asking for, or trying their best to do so. Not nuthugging or anything, but it really seems like they are going way harder on this shit than in recent years.

Please make it so and don't toy with my emotions

I'll take cerrone via rear naked choke. Eddie tends to get stunned but recovers, and Donald will fucking LEAP into a submission. I think the finish will resemble Cowboy vs. Barboza Phone Post 3.0

If this happens I really hope Eddie will be DLC for ea UFC. Phone Post 3.0

SLOtownG -
epwar -

While a great fight, LMAO @ Meltzer when he said this secret fight would add tons of buys to the PPV.  

He never said that. He said is it WON'T add buys, but it would please the fans.

Fuck I hate the lol @ ___ statements. Especially when you're wrong as fuck. Phone Post 3.0
I was already buying, but it made me jump out of bed and scream Fuck Yeah at 1 am this morning when i read it. Vu bro Phone Post 3.0

SLOtownG - 
epwar -

While a great fight, LMAO @ Meltzer when he said this secret fight would add tons of buys to the PPV.  

Fuck I hate the lol @ ___ statements. Especially when you're wrong as fuck. Phone Post 3.0

Gee, that is not what this quote here says:

Dave Meltzer: "Jones was told a match is going to be added to UFC 178 that will greatly increase the amount of PPV buys... We might find out as soon as Monday"

caposa - 

A loaded UFC 178 lineup could get even more interesting, as a bout between streaking lightweight Donald Cerrone and Bellator MMA 155-pound kingpin Eddie Alvarez has been targeted for the Sept. 27 event.

Sources close to the bout who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matchup had not yet been finalized confirmed the news to Sherdog.com. The bout is contingent on the UFC acquiring Alvarez’s services from Bellator. Negotiations are ongoing because Alvarez currently remains under Bellator contract at the time of this writing.

-Jon Jones   vs.   Daniel Cormier   

-Eddie Alvarez   vs.   Donald Cerrone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Tim Kennedy   vs.   Yoel Romero   

-Dominick Cruz   vs.   Takeya Mizugaki   

-Conor McGregor   vs.   Dustin Poirier   

-Cat Zingano   vs.   Amanda Nunes   

-John Howard   vs.   Brian Ebersole   

-Stephen Thompson   vs.   Patrick Cote   

-Bobby Green   vs.   Jorge Masvidal   

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sources-Donald-CerroneEddie-Alvarez-Lightweight-Bout-Targeted-for-UFC-178-71373

^ YES!

Whoa a DamnSevern sighting. VU Phone Post 3.0

yeah rt., like all this cool shit is going down in one night.

KZTT_FawkingxD - 
Feelz Good - 
Oontyex -
HenryO -
Feelz Good - 
RKing85 - I'll believe it when I see it.

Although with Coker running Bellator now, I'm not surprized. No way this would even be considered if Bjorn was still in charge of Bellator.
If true, he likely let Dana buy out his contract. He's no just gonna let one of his fighters fight in the UFC, but he'd let him go. Phone Post 3.0

That would be good for MMA if they had that relationship
Would allow bellator to become the feeder league wsof has been trying to become

If it's via contracts getting bought out , rather than people wanting to leave, would add more prestige to if Phone Post 3.0
That's a good point. They could greatly benefit from becoming the official #2 organization. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder if they can start doing trades maybe.

I know it sounds rediculous but like I'll trade you Eddie Alvarez, for 2 guys that are (2-1) int he UFC and the number 1 draft pick in the mma draft lol

not that ridiculous and could help them both out. like when they were going to send mir over to fight dc in strikeforce(i know they owned both company's).

eddie come to ufc and send a few dudes over there who are towards the bottom of chain. maybe even 1 or 2 who are in the middle of the pack.they could always go back to the ufc if they get hot and are demolishing over there. maybe guys like makdessi,koch,nijem,trujillo,bocek,brennemen,etc.

they could eventually work out something that could benefit all three parties.

epwar - 
SLOtownG - 
epwar -

Gee, that is not what this quote here says:

Dave Meltzer: "Jones was told a match is going to be added to UFC 178 that will greatly increase the amount of PPV buys... We might find out as soon as Monday"

He didn't say the match will add tons of buys... He said jones was told it will add tons of buys. Now go away turd.

This card looks like a must buy imo.

mizunopro - Man, that card is already stacked too. Would love to see that fight! Phone Post 3.0

I think the main card becomes legitimately stacked with the addition of this bout, otherwise you're looking at a bunch of fights that would be on a stacked prelim portion of the card. Either way the hardcore fans are stoked.

Jones just posted him getting a nasty cut above his left eye stitched up. 2 months out is probably plenty of time to heal, but it'll effect his training and Jones can be dramatic at times. Let's hope everything sticks to the plan. Phone Post 3.0

Best looking card since 100 IMO...maybe better

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
Solly97 - Am I the only one that thinks it would be outright disrespectful to Bendo if this fight happens and the winner gets a title shot? Phone Post 3.0
It depends on what happens between Pettis vs. Gil. As long as Pettis is champ, it's going to take a big, big win streak for Bendo to get another title shot against him. Phone Post 3.0

cerrone got demolished not to long before bendo though, so not that much a difference between them there.

that would be eddies only win in the ufc.

bendo would be on a 3 fight win streak all against top 10 guys at the time (assuming he wins).

My only issue with that fight being on that card?
It wouldn't be five rounds as it's not for a title and isn't a main event. If they could guarantee it as a 5-rounder... Holy shit violence Phone Post 3.0

SQUEEZIE - 
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
Solly97 - Am I the only one that thinks it would be outright disrespectful to Bendo if this fight happens and the winner gets a title shot? Phone Post 3.0
It depends on what happens between Pettis vs. Gil. As long as Pettis is champ, it's going to take a big, big win streak for Bendo to get another title shot against him. Phone Post 3.0

cerrone got demolished not to long before bendo though, so not that much a difference between them there.

that would be eddies only win in the ufc.

bendo would be on a 3 fight win streak all against top 10 guys at the time (assuming he wins).

How many ways do you want to see Pettis beat hendo? Go get ea ufc for that shit. Eddie has been a top dog forever and deserves his shot.