Cerrone-Alvarez possible for UFC 178

A loaded UFC 178 lineup could get even more interesting, as a bout between streaking lightweight Donald Cerrone and Bellator MMA 155-pound kingpin Eddie Alvarez has been targeted for the Sept. 27 event.

Sources close to the bout who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matchup had not yet been finalized confirmed the news to Sherdog.com. The bout is contingent on the UFC acquiring Alvarez’s services from Bellator. Negotiations are ongoing because Alvarez currently remains under Bellator contract at the time of this writing.

-Jon Jones   vs.   Daniel Cormier   
-Eddie Alvarez   vs.   Donald Cerrone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Tim Kennedy   vs.   Yoel Romero   
-Dominick Cruz   vs.   Takeya Mizugaki   
-Conor McGregor   vs.   Dustin Poirier   
-Cat Zingano   vs.   Amanda Nunes   
-Bobby Green   vs.   Jorge Masvidal   
-Stephen Thompson   vs.   Patrick Cote   
-John Howard   vs.   Brian Ebersole   
-Kevin Lee   vs.   Jon Tuck

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sources-Donald-CerroneEddie-Alvarez-Lightweight-Bout-Targeted-for-UFC-178-71373

that would be an incredible CME

I just came. Phone Post 3.0

Head-explosion.gif

This better not be BS or there will be murders. Phone Post 3.0

Man, that card is already stacked too. Would love to see that fight! Phone Post 3.0

I'll believe it when I see it.

Although with Coker running Bellator now, I'm not surprized. No way this would even be considered if Bjorn was still in charge of Bellator.

all part of dana's plan with coker.

RKing85 - I'll believe it when I see it.

Although with Coker running Bellator now, I'm not surprized. No way this would even be considered if Bjorn was still in charge of Bellator.
If true, he likely let Dana buy out his contract. He's no just gonna let one of his fighters fight in the UFC, but he'd let him go. Phone Post 3.0

Omg Phone Post

Would watch. Phone Post 3.0

Feelz Good - 
RKing85 - I'll believe it when I see it.

If true, he likely let Dana buy out his contract. He's no just gonna let one of his fighters fight in the UFC, but he'd let him go. Phone Post 3.0

That would be good for MMA if they had that relationship

this is why dana wasn't stressing coker joining bellator.

So I'm assuming this means they don't ever want to do another PPV, and thus had to release Ed?

Holy fuck.. that'd be fucking amazing. 

F'n nice!!

DAMN.... that could headline a PPV on it's own!!! Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit. This is going to be a wild fight.

Make it a 5-round comain

dn10680 - id watch it naked while jerkingoff
I will watch it naked while jerking off! Phone Post 3.0