Cerrone vs. Varner on TUF

This would be perfect, IMHO. The grudge match thing has been working for the UFC so well for the past 2 seasons and they they need to promote the WEC fighters. I know they are lightweights, but I think they might be the most underexposed because a lot of people think they are minor league lightweights for the UFC. These guys dislike eachother a lot and would make for a great season of trash talk and tense moments. anyone agree?

No

why not?

Not a bad idea by any means, and it'd basically feature Arizona Combat Sports vs. Greg Jackson's.

That said, I don't think this is the direction they're going to go in.

Grudge match yes. Charisma no. Those guys would bore the hell out of everyone. I would rather watch paint dry than listen to Varner talk

NO, NO, NO.
The next TUF coaches must be Rampage and Ken Shammy.

majikman - Grudge match yes. Charisma no. Those guys would bore the hell out of everyone. I would rather watch paint dry than listen to Varner talk

I think Cerrone talks enough shit for the both of them. It is the perfect good guy vs. bad boy angle.

Nanook - Not a bad idea by any means, and it'd basically feature Arizona Combat Sports vs. Greg Jackson's.

That said, I don't think this is the direction they're going to go in.

ya i know, but one can dream...

jvwand - 
majikman - Grudge match yes. Charisma no. Those guys would bore the hell out of everyone. I would rather watch paint dry than listen to Varner talk

I think Cerrone talks enough shit for the both of them. It is the perfect good guy vs. bad boy angle.

You saying Varner is the good guy? LOL. I am a Shalorous (sp?) fan for life after seeing him wage jihad on Jamie's nuts.

varner would be lucky to even be on the UFC"s roster after tonight.

Varner is done. No where in the league with Cowboy. Hell after his performance tonight he'd be lucky if they even let him buy a ticket and sit in the crowd watching the fights.

They need to fight their way into the house before we can start talking about that matchup IMO

On a related note, who do you think should be their coaches?

Hired Gun - Varner is done. No where in the league with Cowboy. Hell after his performance tonight he'd be lucky if they even let him buy a ticket and sit in the crowd watching the fights.

Varner is done? You did just see him fight Cerrone to a decision Not even three months ago right? I dont like Varner at all but dude probably just had a bad night thats all, that said Cerrone vs Varner TUF is a horrible idea.

Varner's performance tonight was just a mistake. The dude dropped Roller after whooping his ass standing. He made a dumb move trying to please the crowd and paid for it. He's still an exciting fighter that dumbfucks cant seem to get behind.

I honestly didn't see his fight yet, but im guessing he lost in embarrassing fashion. guess this kind of blows my idea out of the water. I just hope to God they don't make Pettis a coach
"The only way to become the champion is to beat the champion and I plan on doing that tonight." GTFO no way!

brahmabull81 - JVwand = JV = Jamie Varner?

Is this your way of trying to avoid being cut?

Haha, you caught me!

jvwand - I honestly didn't see his fight yet, but im guessing he lost in embarrassing fashion. guess this kind of blows my idea out of the water. I just hope to God they don't make Pettis a coach
"The only way to become the champion is to beat the champion and I plan on doing that tonight." GTFO no way!

Roller had his back, Varner could've stood the round out, but he decided to slam Roller on top of his head instead. Not embarrassing, but a little careless and banal of Varner's desire to keep the fight exciting. The dude has all the talent in the world, so I don't think this is the end of the road for him.

he got choked out though right? the way people are talking its like he pulled a mike brown or something and showed up half zombified from breaking up with his wife.

jvwand - he got choked out though right? the way people are talking its like he pulled a mike brown or something and showed up half zombified from breaking up with his wife.

He tapped to the choke but it was definitely done. The slam put him on the opposite side his hips could escape, and Roller's choke game as we all know is pretty much lights out for anyone in the world.

Varner was beating him on the feet pretty easily, dropped him, fucked up in the scramble, and the rest is exactly how I described. People overexagerate everything on here because they don't like the guy.