Cesar Gracie speaks on GSP's Injury & Condit

He smoking the same shit nick does Phone Post

I wish there was a definitive protocol for what the cutoff is with a champ injured as to whether they make a meaningless interim title or strip them.

Mir was stripped. GSP wont be.

I dont want to see GSP stripped, its a joke to have anyone else as the WW champ.

I just want consistency.

Strip the belt.give him a rematch whenever he's healthy case closed..Condit and diaz would have smashed gorge anyways..fuck all of you Phone Post

EnderTL - 
kinkle - I don't understand why you dumbfucks are bashing Cesar, he makes complete sense here, GSP is going to be out way too long. Who knows if he will be back after 10 months, he may not be 100%, and we already know GSP won't fight if he has any injury as serious as a papercut. Mir was stripped, GSP needs to be also.

Of course he will have Diaz as his first fight back from injury for the belt, but right now he is holding the division back.
All of your points were answered in this thread. You just repeated bullshit that's been discussed already.

The only bullshit was the answers to those questions. He needs to be stripped period, he will have been out of competition over a year and a half. Worse than the Mir situation. Facts are facts.

croy_00 -

If we were all living in a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Gracie last name would be synonymous with 'Skywalker.' Technically, that would place Rickson as Darth Vader and Kron Gracie as Luke Skywalker. Kyra Gracie would somehow be Princess Leia and we can only pray that Rampage Jackson would be Lando Calrissian. If any of you try to correct that family lineage, then you're just showing the world how large of Star Wars geeks you truly are -- which ultimately means unlimited ridicule from me, along with every reader on MiddleEasy.

LayzieTheSavage just got off the phone with Cesar Gracie to get his response on Georges St. Pierre being out of the MMA game for nearly an entire year, and needless to say he isn't that happy about it. In fact, he believes GSP should be stripped of his title in this brief interview.

Not even
Funny Phone Post

kawsy4209 - Strip the belt.give him a rematch whenever he's healthy case closed..Condit and diaz would have smashed gorge anyways..fuck all of you

that's what the interim belt does anyway. GSP would still face the winner of condit and diaz for the title either way.

kinkle -
EnderTL - 
kinkle - I don't understand why you dumbfucks are bashing Cesar, he makes complete sense here, GSP is going to be out way too long. Who knows if he will be back after 10 months, he may not be 100%, and we already know GSP won't fight if he has any injury as serious as a papercut. Mir was stripped, GSP needs to be also.

Of course he will have Diaz as his first fight back from injury for the belt, but right now he is holding the division back.
All of your points were answered in this thread. You just repeated bullshit that's been discussed already.

The only bullshit was the answers to those questions. He needs to be stripped period, he will have been out of competition over a year and a half. Worse than the Mir situation. Facts are facts.

Just because you can't comprehend doesn't mean it's stupid. Phone Post

^^^^£xactly.just tired of everyone crying about it.he's hurt!last fight was about 5 or 6 months ago.he's out for 10 months..then after the 10 months off he's going to need another 3 or 5 to train to fight whoever has the belt..so where we at 20 months no fighting at all..what's your call on it?still champ or no? Phone Post

T Bag -  Please stop giving this moron a platform to speak

meh, they can strip the belt next fall or not, and Nick will keep on winning untilGSP get's back then Nick can beat GSP to get the strap legit.

Humphrey - he fought 5 months ago. Ceaser needs to just get over it. Life's a bitch. things happen.

7 months ago. By the time GSP is healthy at least a year and a half will have passed by since his last fight.

I'm not sure they should strip him of the title but usually when a fighter hasn't fought in the past 12 months he drops in rankings, if not being removed from them completely due to inactivity until he competes again. I'd have no problem with them stripping him of his belt, or not stripping him. He already fights with less frequency than any of the current champs who have defended their title.

People will consider Diaz or Condit's belt to be meaningless until they fight GSP, but being healthy and defending your belt with some frequency is part of being a champion. If you aren't able to do that, then Caesar's argument isn't retarded like some believe. I'm not sure I agree with it, but he does have a point.

Viet Rounder - 
SignsOfChaos - Now we know why Gracie works well with Diaz.....he's as stupid and ignorant as he is if he thinks GSP should be stripped. />

So if you were Caesar and had invested training time and money into your fighter and he is in the front line for a title shot but can't because his opponent is out for 1.5 years you wouldn't have a problem with this? Nick can not wait this long and neither can other contenders. Fighting other people in the meantime would also put him at risk for the number one contender spot. It's much easier to speak on the sideline when you have invested absolutely nothing in this.

Nick isn't the number 1 contender anyway, what's the harm in seeing him prove himself in the UFC. If he is as good as everyone thinks then he should run through the division easy, what's Cesar worried about......? Everyone knows that if they strip GSP he is still the champ so what's the point. If you do not beat GSP in the Welterweight division in the UFC then calling yourself the champ is a lie. If the Ceasar Gracie camp wanted this fight so bad they should have shown up to the pressers like they were serious about things, everyone else does.

EnderTL - Just because you can't comprehend doesn't mean it's stupid.

What a stupid thing to say, what is there to comprehend? That GSP shouldn't be stripped even when he will be not fighting for maybe two years? The GSP ball-gaggers have no response to this.

MMA needs to move forward, UFC needs to move forward, the UFC WW division needs to move forward. I am sure the first fight GSP gets after he comes back from injury will be the UFC WW championship fight with Diaz (after he demolishes Condit, and whoever after that). The only difference with GSP being stripped is he will walk out first in that fight, besides that his life will be the same.

HELWIG -  I wish there was a definitive protocol for what the cutoff is with a champ injured as to whether they make a meaningless interim title or strip them.

Mir was stripped. GSP wont be.

I dont want to see GSP stripped, its a joke to have anyone else as the WW champ.

I just want consistency.

I definitely agree that they should have some protocol. Frank Mir was stripped and about 1 year and 7 months passed between fights when that happened. Shogun had about 10 months between fights and wasn't stripped. I'm not sure GSP should be stripped and I doubt he will be because of his stature and they'll want to give him a chance to continue his title defense streak and all that.

Still, part of being a champion is being able to defend your belt with reasonable frequency. Like it or not, that's one of the things that's expected. Could you imagine if a champion only defended his belt like once a year? GSP fights less frequently than any other champion. There is the argument that "Well, the interim champ didn't beat him, therefore they're not legitimate" and I think it's a good point. On the other hand, the point should be made that if a champion hasn't fought in over a year that may well affect their proficiency as a fighter, especially if a serious injury was involved, so in addition to not defending the belt in a reasonable amount of time we dont even know if they are the same fighter they were before the injury.

Overall I lean toward not stripping him of the belt, but I can definitely see good arguments why they should. They should have a system in place where a champion has to defend their belt with a certain frequency, though maybe give a longer period of they have a serious injury. Whatever they do, they should be consistent about it.

If it was me I would say I was happy GSP was having surgery because I wouldn't want there to be any excuses when my fighter beat him.

Not even

Funny Phone Post

What, I was just posting it so everyone on cell phones could read it too. Or were you referring to the actual article?

What's funny is many of the people who are saying Caesar is crazy are also some of the same people who said Fedor couldn't be considered #1 anymore after Pride fell because he only fought about once every 8 months. Never did a full year pass between fights for Fedor, yet we may not see GSP fight for a year and a half (he's defended his belt on average about once every 7 months).

We know not fighting for a while can affect a fighter negatively. Fighting infrequently, or coming back from a serious injury can dull their skills. Hopefully this doesn't happen with GSP, but whatever your view about it let it be consistent regardless of the fighter.

Fedor would be vader.... Not Rickson. Rickson would be yoda in his prime. Phone Post

stonepony - Yeah right. How many times did Overeem defend his SF title? They want him stripped of the title because they don't have a prayer of taking it in competition.

A lot of people thought Overeem should be stripped though. That title meant nothing because he never defended it. The bar should be set high for champions, no?

Stephen Holder - 
FingerorMoon - 
If we were all living in a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Gracie last name would be synonymous with 'Skywalker.' Technically, that would place Rickson as Darth Vader and Kron Gracie as Luke Skywalker. Kyra Gracie would somehow be Princess Leia and we can only pray that Rampage Jackson would be Lando Calrissian. If any of you try to correct that family lineage, then you're just showing the world how large of Star Wars geeks you truly are -- which ultimately means unlimited ridicule from me, along with every reader on MiddleEasy.

Seriously, what the fuck is this?

lolololol

not gonna lie i check middleeasy every sunday for the sunday morning rumor mill like a little gossipy highschool girl but i totally agree and whoever is tellin you guys those little prefaces work are lyin, sorry someone had to tell u. those intros for every single post on middleeasy are trashy and not even an ounce of wit can be found in em they are old and lame give it up on the real
link to your site?