Cesar Gracie speaks on GSP's Injury & Condit

I think people are NOT being reasonable here.

I don't think Caesar is being unreasonable. They are litterally putting the belt on the shelf for close to 1.5 years. That doesn't just effect Nick but many other contenders as well. Remember that time is every fighters biggest enemy. In this profession, very few fighters remain in the spotlight for more than 2 years. Caesar has every right to protect his fighter's stocks.

Luckily Cesar has already proved time and time again that his opinion is worthless.

Stick to training fighters.. your fucking good at it. No need to smear shit over your image by not knowing when to be quiet.

And a big LOL to the GSP haters who read this title, got a massive hard-on, and couldn't wait to jump in and agree. The smartest guy we got was the one trying to compare it to the Mir situation, and that isn't even close to being the same.

Cesar Gracie speaks. Idiots unite.

Viet Rounder - I think people are NOT being reasonable here.

I don't think Caesar is being unreasonable. They are litterally putting the belt on the shelf for close to 1.5 years. That doesn't just effect Nick but many other contenders as well. Remember that time is every fighters biggest enemy. In this profession, very few fighters remain in the spotlight for more than 2 years. Caesar has every right to protect his fighter's stocks.

dogfb - 
12SixElbow -  GSP should be stripped.

IMO if you cannot defend for 12 months = stripped.

So what you're saying is you want a worse fighter to be the welterweight champion of the world? 

Is this the only way anybody can "beat" GSP?

Nice. 

What?

How would anybody beat GSP?

He can come back to an immediate title shot once healthy.

If you can't defend your title, how are you still champion?

you can't win and hide, you've got to win and defend.

Reasonable Discourse - Listen to you fools. Where's your stable of ELITE champion caliber fighters, that you not only train but manage?

Ok then, stfu.

bedcause dumbfucks like you aren't smart enough to realize people have opinions apparently.

Course, we all know that. cept you

orcus -  "<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">Of course GSP should NOT be stripped "

Yes he should. If he's out 10 months we're talking about an October return. That's a year and a half after his last title defense, 18 months.

Frank Mir was stripped after 14 months.

Obviously GSP will get an immediate fight with the belt holder regardless, so they should strip him and have this be for the real belt. Then they can do the silly promos with GSP saying "I'm coming to take my belt back".<br type="_moz" /></span>

18 months absolute best case between defenses (he's going to want a 3-4 month camp obviously) = he should be stripped.

FingerorMoon - 
If we were all living in a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Gracie last name would be synonymous with 'Skywalker.' Technically, that would place Rickson as Darth Vader and Kron Gracie as Luke Skywalker. Kyra Gracie would somehow be Princess Leia and we can only pray that Rampage Jackson would be Lando Calrissian. If any of you try to correct that family lineage, then you're just showing the world how large of Star Wars geeks you truly are -- which ultimately means unlimited ridicule from me, along with every reader on MiddleEasy.

Seriously, what the fuck is this?

No shit, we all know Llyod Irvin is Lando

Now we know why Gracie works well with Diaz.....he's as stupid and ignorant as he is if he thinks GSP should be stripped. But as has been pointed out....it's Diaz's only good chance at winning it so of course he's gonna make a stupid statement like that.

GSP and Diaz fans should all pray together that Condit loses this fight because if he wins ( and chances are good he could ) Diaz vs GSP will never happen. Phone Post

12SixElbow - 
dogfb - 

So what you're saying is you want a worse fighter to be the welterweight champion of the world? 

Nice. <br type="_moz" />
What?

Hide? He has a legitimate injury that keeps many athletes on the shelf for awhile.

And lets say they do take the title. What does that do? Everyone knows the guy who had the title is healing up waiting to come back, and the current title holder (winner of Condit/Diaz) doesn't have a legitimate belt anyway. How is that any different from having an interim title?

Ligeia420 -  I agree with Cesar. This is twice now where GSP is "injured".

If you're gonna be the champ, YOU SHOULD BE DEFENDING YOUR TITLE!!!!!!!

UG crying again, waaahh.

<br type="_moz" />

You're right...GSP has never defended his title...

Stripping your poster boy of the title because he injured himself during training is a bad business move.

Even if they do strip him of his title do you think either Diaz or Condit would refer to themselves as champions until they beat GSP.

SignsOfChaos - Now we know why Gracie works well with Diaz.....he's as stupid and ignorant as he is if he thinks GSP should be stripped. />

So if you were Caesar and had invested training time and money into your fighter and he is in the front line for a title shot but can't because his opponent is out for 1.5 years you wouldn't have a problem with this? Nick can not wait this long and neither can other contenders. Fighting other people in the meantime would also put him at risk for the number one contender spot. It's much easier to speak on the sideline when you have invested absolutely nothing in this.

the whole point of the interim belt is that the flow doesn't stop at all. nothing changes except for the fact that GSP is on the shelf. if it is too long or he gets reinjured than they just promote the interim to a full championship.

r_o_y - 

the whole point of the interim belt is that the flow doesn't stop at all. nothing changes except for the fact that GSP is on the shelf. if it is too long or he gets reinjured than they just promote the interim to a full championship.

The problem with this is that it's NOT a REAL TITLE. Say Nick wins his next match, is he suppose to defend an interim belt 2 times in the next year while GSP heals?

Viet Rounder -
r_o_y - 

The problem with this is that it's NOT a REAL TITLE. Say Nick wins his next match, is he suppose to defend an interim belt 2 times in the next year while GSP heals?

Yes he is Phone Post

Viet Rounder - 
r_o_y - 

but it is a real title because if GSP can't come back than diaz is automatically undisputed champion.

EnderTL -
12SixElbow - 
dogfb - 

Nice. <br type="_moz" />
What?

Hide? He has a legitimate injury that keeps many athletes on the shelf for awhile.

And lets say they do take the title. What does that do? Everyone knows the guy who had the title is healing up waiting to come back, and the current title holder (winner of Condit/Diaz) doesn't have a legitimate belt anyway. How is that any different from having an interim title?

This. Unless somebody beats GSP they aren't the champ, belt or not. Phone Post

I don't understand why you dumbfucks are bashing Cesar, he makes complete sense here, GSP is going to be out way too long. Who knows if he will be back after 10 months, he may not be 100%, and we already know GSP won't fight if he has any injury as serious as a papercut. Mir was stripped, GSP needs to be also.

Of course he will have Diaz as his first fight back from injury for the belt, but right now he is holding the division back.

dana always says his fighters fight the best 3 times a year. and in most cases thats true. but that doesn't seem to be the case with gsp. although he fights the best and wins. he doesnt fight that often. he has 3 fights since ufc 100. buy the time he is recovered from this injury it will be only 3 fights in over 3 years.

hope hes back sooner then later

Go take it from him. Home invasion ala Chael Sonnen.

kinkle - I don't understand why you dumbfucks are bashing Cesar, he makes complete sense here, GSP is going to be out way too long. Who knows if he will be back after 10 months, he may not be 100%, and we already know GSP won't fight if he has any injury as serious as a papercut. Mir was stripped, GSP needs to be also.

Of course he will have Diaz as his first fight back from injury for the belt, but right now he is holding the division back.

All of your points were answered in this thread. You just repeated bullshit that's been discussed already. Phone Post