Chances Luke gets ktfo?

He made black belt, D1, pre-USADA Weidman look like a noob

2 Likes

Yeah but that was in his prime before his brain got scrambled by consecutive Ko’s. Since Bisping put him to sleep he’s never been the same. I think Costa would put a beating on Prime Weidman.

He is going to have to look to take Costa down pretty quickly … Luke doesn’t have good takedowns though and I’m sure Paulo will be expecting it

I’m rooting for Luke but I like Costa as well. Who knows, maybe Paulos head is all out if it and he’s very tentative…?

Luke’s kicks are nasty, only takes one early to gain respect and change Paulo’s mindset.

I think there is a 20-25% chance he lands one early, if he doesn’t gain respect he will likely lose via strikes.

2 Likes

Costa is more of a TKO guy, not a one punch guy…if Luke’s chin can handle above avg, but not elite 185lb power, Costa is tapping to strikes 100%.

Vitor put the cracks in his chin before Bisping touched him but he was always a bit chinny, didn’t matter in that fight anyway, he turned his back on Bisping pretty much, wasn’t his toughness that fucked him in that one, it was a free left hook.

Even in Luke’s last win against Branch, I thought he almost was taken out by punches.

He fought smart against Jan’s using kicks but couldn’t get him down. Jan’s is bigger than Costa so maybe he will have better luck grounding him. If he can’t, and the Costa that fought Yoel shows up he is in trouble.

But holy hell if he stops Paulo or wins a war many people are going to be eating crow.

1 Like

Rockhold was having a very hard time with Weidman before he threw that retarded back kick. That back kicked fucked up Weidmans entire career

high unless takes to ground early and ground and pounds a W

Agreed. If he can somehow fight cista like he fought weidman he has a chance. Keep him away with kicks and dont let him get close unless u take his ass down.luke is older now and hasnt fought in a while, but ive seen a lot of comebacks by fightters with a lot less talent.

WAIT
I Maid It
Rock Gets Rocked

Rocked cold