Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev

:crown: Charles Do-Bronx Oliveira :vs: #4 Islam Makhachev
:boom:High-Level Masters of Grappling :boom:

https://twitter.com/PaulieGMMA/status/1496853346929430528/photo/1

Charles is the king winning the lightweight title and defending it against Dustin Poirier. He has smashed the records. Fifteen submission victories and he is only 32. Heā€™s won ten in a row with no end in sight.

Islam Makhachev is ranked at #4 and has won 9 in a row heā€™s on the cusp of a title shot. If Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev happens and Iā€™m sure it will who will be the victor? Will it be the 3rd degree BJJ black belt or the combat sambo world champion?

@pauliegmma

1 Like

Interested Go On GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

Originally, Makhachev was set to face Beneil Dariush in an unofficial No. 1 contenderā€™s bout; however, Dariush was injured last week and so Green stepped in. And while the unranked Green wouldnā€™t have been Makhachevā€™s first choice of last-minute opponent, the No. 4-ranked lightweight in the MMA Fighting Global Rankings said he didnā€™t hesitate to accept the change.

ā€œHonestly, when Beneil was injured, I told Ali [Abdelaziz, Makhachevā€™s manager] and he said the next day that nobody gave an answer, and I thought it wasnā€™t going to happen. Ali said, ā€˜Just Bobby Green give answer, he said heā€™s ready.ā€™ I said letā€™s go,ā€ Makhachev told reporters in his pre-fight media availability. ā€œIt doesnā€™t matter who because the last three months [were] so hard for me. I prepared for Beneil, training so hard. Just give me someone.ā€

That ā€œsomeoneā€ ended up being one of the more established veterans in the lightweight division. A fan favorite who has been competing in the UFC since 2013, Green is known as much for his fighting ability as for his in-cage antics.

LAS VEGAS ā€“ Islam Makhachev is full of confidence heading into UFC Fight Night 202.

Makhachev (21-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) meets short-notice replacement Bobby Green in Saturdayā€™s main event at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, where he hopes to earn a title shot with a win.

UFC lightweight champion Charles Oliveira has impressed with his well-rounded game. He knocked out Michael Chandler to capture the title, then submitted Dustin Poirier to retain it. But stylistically, Makhachev thinks heā€™d be able to impose his will on the champ.

ā€œItā€™s going to be a good fight because we almost have the same style,ā€ Makhachev told MMA Junkie at Wednesdayā€™s media day. ā€œHe has good grappling skills, he has good striking, and itā€™s going to be a good fight. I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be hard for me. I can take him down easy because I know he doesnā€™t have good wrestling skills. But his grappling skills (are) high level and we will see who is better there.ā€

With Makhachev envisioning a matchup with Oliveira (32-8 MMA, 20-8 UFC), that means he sees the Brazilian notching another title defense when he faces Justin Gaethje at UFC 274.

ā€œI think Oliveira is going to beat Justin Gaethje, and (it will be) 11-(fight) winning streak vs. 10-win streak,ā€ Makhachev said. ā€œThis is going to be a big fight for all MMA fans.

ā€œI think heā€™s Itā€™s going to finish him. I think heā€™s Itā€™s going to strike with him (in the) first round, and after, heā€™s Itā€™s going to take him down. I think heā€™s Itā€™s going to choke him.ā€

I hope Green beats his ass