Charlie Brenneman asks for cheque from Jones

epwar - Dana is filled with ecstasy when he sees this. Fighters are angry at a fellow fighter and not the guy who actually made the call to cancel the show. He's lovin' it. Not a single fighter has DARED bring up Zuffa's role in all of this.

This is all that needed to be said. Well, well, well, mother fuckers!

Kenflo24 - He can say what he wants. Because of Jones selfishness, the rest of the fighters got hosed. They have every right to be disgusted. Sorry but Jones thought of ONLY himself.

And who are the fighters like Brenneman thinking of when they are wanting to get paid? Oh thats right, THEMSELVES. I need to pay MY coach. I need to pay MY bills. I need to put food on MY table. MY MY MY. Funny how that works, Jones cant be selfish but the rest of the card can sure bitch about how they arent getting what they want.

Herbish1 - Yeah, good for Charlie. Jones had a full camp, and he's fighting the same exact opponent, no matter how much Winklejohn and Jackson say otherwise. The same exact opponent with zero KO power.

I think Jones is completely responsible for the cancellation. He's the champ, that means he does not get the choice of opponents, and fights whoever is put in front of him.

Charlie was fortunate that his employer found him a spot on a card only a few weeks away, not many other fighters were so fortunate, so yeah they all have a right to be pissed at Jones and make such tweets.

LOL at not being someone's fan any more over a comment they had every right to make, and then defend a guy who single handily screwed thousands of people.

Yup Henderson and Sonnen are, how did you put it... "the same exact opponent with zero KO power".

Refresh my memory, how did the first Sonnon vs Silva fight go? Oh yeah, Chael was all over Silva for 4.25 rounds.

How did the Henderson vs Silva fight go? Henderson blew his wad in the 1st and rolled over and let himself be choked out in the 2nd.

How many times have we seen Sonnen gassed? How many times have we seen Henderson gassed? Sonnon takes people down all the time, Henderson stands the entire time.

Chael loves to use his cardio to wear his opponents down. Henderson does nothing of the sort. He loves to stand and knock them the fuck out. The only time we see Dan (offensively) go to the ground is when he knocks someone there.

The both have wrestling bases, but they choose to use different tactics when they fight. That is where the similarity ends.

I wish morons on this board would quit showing how fucking stupid they are with comments like Dan and Chael are exactly the same opponent with zero KO power.

Damasta Shonuff - 
Herbish1 - Yeah, good for Charlie. Jones had a full camp, and he's fighting the same exact opponent, no matter how much Winklejohn and Jackson say otherwise. The same exact opponent with zero KO power.

I think Jones is completely responsible for the cancellation. He's the champ, that means he does not get the choice of opponents, and fights whoever is put in front of him.

Charlie was fortunate that his employer found him a spot on a card only a few weeks away, not many other fighters were so fortunate, so yeah they all have a right to be pissed at Jones and make such tweets.

LOL at not being someone's fan any more over a comment they had every right to make, and then defend a guy who single handily screwed thousands of people.

Yup Henderson and Sonnen are, how did you put it... "the same exact opponent with zero KO power".

Refresh my memory, how did the first Sonnon vs Silva fight go? Oh yeah, Chael was all over Silva for 4.25 rounds.

How did the Henderson vs Silva fight go? Henderson blew his wad in the 1st and rolled over and let himself be choked out in the 2nd.

How many times have we seen Sonnen gassed? How many times have we seen Henderson gassed? Sonnon takes people down all the time, Henderson stands the entire time.

Chael loves to use his cardio to wear his opponents down. Henderson does nothing of the sort. He loves to stand and knock them the fuck out. The only time we see Dan (offensively) go to the ground is when he knocks someone there.

The both have wrestling bases, but they choose to use different tactics when they fight. That is where the similarity ends.

I wish morons on this board would quit showing how fucking stupid they are with comments like Dan and Chael are exactly the same opponent with zero KO power.

Jones would've walked through Chael Sonnen, I would've been rooting hard for Sonnen, but let's be real.

The only difference is Hendo has KO power, Chael doesn't. Cardio isn't gonna beat Jon Jones. And even if Chael gets it to the ground, keeping it there is a whole different story, Jones is huge, I don't see it.

Oh I am not denying that I think Jones would have killed Sonnen and that Sonnen is less of a threat on paper than Henderson. I agree completely with you that Jones is so big that I think he would ragdoll Chael should Chael try to grapple with him. Hendersons only chance was landing the punch imo. Chael had no chance. But they are still two different styles to train for. I cant recall the last time Dan shot for takedown unless he was gassed and buying/wasting time.

BUT, I think Jones would make a shitload more money by giving Chael more time than a week to hype up a fight for them. The way things played out, Chael will be on camera calling Jones a coward, selfish, all the stuff the fans are calling him and it will generate a HUGE buzz. It will probably get more interest than the last Silva fight since Sonnen didnt have the UFC providing ammo by blaming Silva for a cancelled ppv.

epwar - Dana is filled with ecstasy when he sees this. Fighters are angry at a fellow fighter and not the guy who actually made the call to cancel the show. He's lovin' it. Not a single fighter has DARED bring up Zuffa's role in all of this.

Yep...

Herbish1 -
Damasta Shonuff - 

Jones would've walked through Chael Sonnen, I would've been rooting hard for Sonnen, but let's be real.

The only difference is Hendo has KO power, Chael doesn't. Cardio isn't gonna beat Jon Jones. And even if Chael gets it to the ground, keeping it there is a whole different story, Jones is huge, I don't see it.

I don't know, not sure how JBJ's game is from his back.. Haven't seen it that I recall. Anderson is undoubtably better off his back, and ha hell getting Chael off him. Chael just fought Brian Stann, with JBJ and Stann being training partners, perhaps thu know something you do not? Phone Post

Wasa-B - Jon Jones is entitled to do what he wants.

He's the guy with the belt and millions on the line not to mention the reputation and legacy as one of the best the sport's seen.

He's supposed to suddenly risk that on 8 days notice (and i agree its not really like he' got a full 8 days from then to fight day to train) and endure the blame of another fighter's situation which Zuffa controls?

TTT

Did Charlie have a contract with Jones ? If not, Jones owes him nada imo.

And I have every right to make my comment.

Jones has every right to make decisions based on what's good for him juat as Brenneman does.

You know who i think is ultimately responsible: the people that run the show and put the shot together and made the decision to cancel the show.

And for arguments sake, if anyone thinks that Hendo and Chael are the same fighter with a difference in KO power, have you ever watched either of them fight?

Yes I have. And if Hendo didn't have the power he does, he wouldn't be the balls to the wall fighter we all love. He would probably clinch you against the cage, the same way Chael lays on guys.

So yes the only difference is Chael would undoubtedly want to take Jones down and keep him there for 5 rounds, while Hendo is gonna go hard for a KO. Jones no longer has to worry about being KO'd vs Sonnen.

And had Koscheck not gotten hurt, this card would still be going on without Jones.

So in other words, if Hendo wasnt Hendo he'd probably fight like Chael.

Are we dealing with a hypothetical Hendo or a real life Hendo?

Hypothetical

I was hoping Zuffa's would pay the fighters the Show money.

wondering why there's so much anger from these fighters directed at Jones and not the UFC, the ones who actually cancelled the event?

Herbish1 - Hypothetical

So not reality, cool.

caposa -  wondering why there's so much anger from these fighters directed at Jones and not the UFC, the ones who actually cancelled the event?

whats a cheque?

Cheque is French for give me some fuckin' cola or I'll break vous's fuckin' lip!

Charlie is making the same point Joe Lauzon made.

Oh, and Charlie took the fight on Sept 1st on short notice.

And he has fought on short notice ( including, but not limited to the 1 day notice to fight Rick Story ) several times for the UFC.