Charly Arnolt Breaks Down Lead-Up To Historic UFC Fight Night Announcer Role After Joe Martinez Fell Ill

https://www.mmanews.com/news/charly-arnolt-breaks-down-historic-ufc-fight-night-announcer-role

Arnolt explains how she was persuaded into filling in on announcer duties.

Charly Arnolt made history at the UFC Apex this past weekend when, under unfortunate circumstances, she stepped in to become the first female ring announcer in the promotion’s history.

Joe Martinez was set to be the man on the mic inside the cage but mid-way through the event, he was losing his voice.

Arnolt then stepped up to the plate to carry out Martinez’s duties for a couple of fights until he was able to continue in the main event.

She posted her reaction following the event on social media before later explaining the situation in further detail.

“YA’LL. I AM SHAKING!! What an experience that was!!”

Charly Arnolt Reveals She Was Convinced To Accept Announcer Role After Initially Declining

Arnolt took to her Instagram page to explain more about what happened in the Apex this past Saturday and how she ended up making history.

“As promised, the story behind last night’s wild—and very unexpected—turn of events! :flushed: Looking back, all I have to say is THANK YOU to everyone for the support and confidence. Truly a night I will always remember! #ufc #history #thankyou

She explains in the video that when one of the producers initially asked her about filling in for Martinez, she declined due to her concerns that she would mess up on live TV.

Arnolt said that it was a few members of UFC staff, the makeup artists in particular, who helped convince her that she was more than capable of doing the job if the team needed her to do it.

“So (the producer) swings right back around I was like, ‘Listen, if you need me, I can do it. I’m OK.’”

“He said, ‘We will get you completely prepared.’ So I was in the back and (the producers are) helping me, as well as Joe Martinez, who is just giving me every ounce of knowledge that he has to help me get through these announcements I’m freaking out about.”

She said that getting the first one out of the way was a daunting task but after everything went smoothly, it was straight into the next one.

“The point here is not only was I thankful for the help I was given by these people, I am so thankful for the confidence that they gave me. I’m not a person who lacks confidence. I’ve got plenty of it. But I was scared. I was scared of messing up, and if it hadn’t have been for the wonderful people that pushed me, I don’t know if I would’ve ended up doing it. I’m so thankful I got pushed out my comfort zone, because holy c***, I made history.”

With that, Arnolt became the first woman to announce for official UFC fights, with Laura Sanko previously completing the role under the Dana White’s Contender Series banner.

https://www.sescoops.com/wwe/charly-caruso-arnolt-makes-ufc-history

Former WWE Personality Charly Arnolt Makes UFC History