Chito Vera smashes Dominick Cruz in San Diego!.. thoughts

It’s pretty simple Chito Vera came in the favorite and destroyed Dominick Cruz in his hometown. Slowly figuring Cruz out and landing the more powerful shots, Vera eventually figured Cruz out. Stopping takedowns in rounds 2,3 and 4. Also landing the better shots it was only a matter of time.

In round four after stunning Cruz and making him back track, Vera lands the bomb. A leg kick straight to the nose and Cruz tumbles, Vera follows it up with a few unnecessary shots.

Thoughts on the fight? What should be next for Vera and Cruz?

I love leg kicks to the nose…no can defend

18 Likes

Hell give him the title shot or give him the winner of Yan vs Sean.

1 Like

How could you possibly expect it?

dom’s chin is not what it use to be. they were talking about chito’s power but it was dom’s chin. you just can’t sustain a movement dependent style like he has at that weight into your late thirties. time is brutal. i wish our minds understood it as well as our bodies do.

6 Likes

Dom doesn’t have any chin.

He looked great except a strong breeze can drop him.

5 Likes

Me watching that beautiful KO

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

6 Likes

If Aldo wins he deserves it ahead of Vera for sure. Aldos last 3 wins are over Vera, Munhoz and Font

Would love to see him against the winner of Yan/Sean though

Cruz arguably won every round up until the k.o. He didn’t look old I think he can still beat a lot of guys but not Chito.

Cruz vs Font would make sense.

Chito has to get a shot next

4 Likes

Anyone else find the thread title hilarious?

not as bad as a foot stomp to the head

What’s your next easy call

1 Like

Hats off to Dom he did a lot better than I anticipated. Former champ he has been already where Chito is trying to reach.

4 Likes

That’s just how Vera fights. Edgar was arguably winning before being KO’d. Font probably won 4:00 of every round but Vera kept catching him toward the end.

4 Likes

Chito vs Yan will be fireworks and probably the greatest fight at 135.

3 Likes

Wonder if he will now go into politics like his long lost cousin
Ted Cruz Lol GIF by GIPHY News

2 Likes

i wanna see him suplex sean o’malley off the top of the cage

3 Likes

Dom done well hope he fights again

1 Like

Hope CCC comes back and they give him Dom as a welcome home gift. Two old lions showing who still can go.

1 Like

I was very satisfied with that ending.