CM Punk Talks Training At Roufusport MMA & More

zxxz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWIhL-xFZBM

Who Phone Post 3.0

later Phone Post 3.0

I don't follow Pro Wrestling but two things:

1. Damn it, he won me over in this interview. First, seems like a very level headed cool dude. (Plus, actually will say he's an atheist which too many seem chicken to do).

2. He sure seems small for a Pro Wrestler. ???

Weird that he never mentions his scuffle with Kevin Nash. He hasn't been the same ever since then and it's going to be tough for him to compete. Phone Post 3.0

prof -

1. Damn it, he won me over in this interview. First, seems like a very level headed cool dude. (Plus, actually will say he's an atheist which too many seem chicken to do).

I've never met the shy atheists you have.

Typically you don't ask if someone's an atheist.

They tell you first. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck to him, comes across as a nice guy and he's putting everything in to it

I don't understand the hate at all Phone Post 3.0

It seems that guys who talk about God and Jesus do better in fights. Phone Post 3.0

Art. - Weird that he never mentions his scuffle with Kevin Nash. He hasn't been the same ever since then and it's going to be tough for him to compete. Phone Post 3.0

Big Kev fucked him up? It wouldn't surprise me because apparently, Nash has smacked a lot of wrestlers around backstage.

Also, I heard that Bret Hart's nephew also smacked CM Punk around on the street. Lol, who knows what's true or not.

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
prof -

I've never met the shy atheists you have.

Typically you don't ask if someone's an atheist.

They tell you first. Phone Post 3.0

That's b.s.

There are the New Atheist who are waging a public campaign, with publicly organized debates. But the reason that movement arose in the first place is because publicly criticizing the claims of religion has been frowned upon for so long. But aside from that particular type of public discourse where the religion/secular debate is put on the table, in terms of "every day atheists" and their interpersonal behavior your description of atheists is just bunk.

I've never "just told" someone I'm an atheist and neither has any atheist I've ever known. None of my friends have never just come out and said "I'm an atheist" inserted into some conversation. My Dad was an atheist all his life, and I never even knew it until after he died and my mother told me.
I don't even know exactly what my brothers and sisters believe
specifically - I know they aren't part of any religion but since they have never made any explicit declaration of secularism or atheism they may hold spiritual beliefs they haven't even mentioned.

As I've been involved on the most popular secular forums for decades, I know this experience to be very typical of atheists.

It is exceedingly rare for public figures to even admit to being atheist, let alone declare it, and when it's admitted it's virtually always within the context of being ASKED, or within the context of being pressed on their views on religious topics. That's the case with CM Punk in this interview as well.

Whereas...we hear religious declarations of belief all the time. I know every family member who is part of a religion because "God" and "Jesus" are constantly referenced in their speech, we have to do grace and prayers of thanks before family meals when they are there, or I have to make exceptions for cooking for some religious friends. And there is nothing so common as religious people making public declarations of their faith: thanking God for this and that, and very often in contexts that are not religious - awards shows, sports events, wherever they get a microphone put in front of them. What do you think this whole debate is over Jesus in the Octagon in the first place? Are people debating the problem of "fighters asserting their atheism in the pay per views?" Hell no. Tell me, when was the last time a fighter declared his atheism in the octagon?

Yeah. Thought so.

(Anyway, CM Punk seems like a cool guy, whether he'd admitted to his atheism or not).

DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -
Art. - Weird that he never mentions his scuffle with Kevin Nash. He hasn't been the same ever since then and it's going to be tough for him to compete. Phone Post 3.0

Big Kev fucked him up? It wouldn't surprise me because apparently, Nash has smacked a lot of wrestlers around backstage.

Also, I heard that Bret Hart's nephew also smacked CM Punk around on the street. Lol, who knows what's true or not.

He was asking for it. Not sure Nash wanted to mess him up THAT bad, but..... Phone Post 3.0

I was asking about CM Punk not looking big for a WWE star (in this interview).

Not being familiar with the WWE stars, I just googled CM Punk
and he does indeed at least look like a small guy compared to the huge roid beasts I normally associate with the WWE. What's the deal with CM Punk? What was he known for in the WWE?

prof -

and he does indeed at least look like a small guy compared to the huge roid beasts I normally associate with the WWE. What's the deal with CM Punk? What was he known for in the WWE?
what was he know for?

being a whiny, miserable, complaining cunt Phone Post 3.0

Tommy Gunnz -
prof -

what was he know for?

being a whiny, miserable, complaining cunt Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

I only came back to this thread to see if there was any athiest talk.  Yup.

I hear lots of wrestling fans talk out about how much of a whiner he was. But for what its worth, he handles himself pretty darn well with all the media he has with his jump to MMA.

I wonder who he will fight????