Coach: Conor did zero wrestling, knee injured

Hope he can keep his knees healthy and it doesnt end up hurting his career badly. He already tore his ACL and had surgery, right? is it the same knee?

Conor is the ultimate fighting machine.

Pain? Injury? What fucking pain, what fucking injury? He's here to fight.

None of this:

"Waaaaaaaaaaah my rib!!"

"Waaaaaaaaaaah my short camp"

"Waaaaaaaaaaah poor me"

Just turns up, fights and annihilates. Phone Post 3.0

Great to hear Kav say his knee was 100% in this fight. Clears up a few things.

Wait, he didn't do any MMA sparring before the fight? How is that even possible? So all they did throughout the whole camp was standup sparring? If true, that is pretty wild.

NicolasRGC - Wait, he didn't do any MMA sparring before the fight? How is that even possible? So all they did throughout the whole camp was standup sparring? If true, that is pretty wild.
Just shows how Conor is operating another level... Phone Post 3.0

duckhuntgangsta - Morgz, I'd believe that they didn't train any wrestling.

If he had an injured knee and was fighting Also why would he need to focus on that much? When has Aldo taken anyone down or shown a heavy top game?

It would be smart to avoid wrestling to protect the knee knowing he was fighting a striker...and he still managed to pull it off. Phone Post 3.0
Good point

Also, not meaning this to be argumentative, just posting so someone can confirm: I thought I saw him drilling wrestling on one or two of the embedded episodes. Not live sparring necessarily, but drilling. Anyone else remember? I can't go back and watch all 8 episodes Phone Post 3.0

Morgz -
duckhuntgangsta - Morgz, I'd believe that they didn't train any wrestling.

If he had an injured knee and was fighting Also why would he need to focus on that much? When has Aldo taken anyone down or shown a heavy top game?

It would be smart to avoid wrestling to protect the knee knowing he was fighting a striker...and he still managed to pull it off. Phone Post 3.0
Good point

Also, not meaning this to be argumentative, just posting so someone can confirm: I thought I saw him drilling wrestling on one or two of the embedded episodes. Not live sparring necessarily, but drilling. Anyone else remember? I can't go back and watch all 8 episodes Phone Post 3.0
You're correct regarding the drills but if you watch closely it was very 'light' touch wrestling. Not really representative of proper wrestling in regards to the stress and pressure you'd normally put on joints/ligaments. Phone Post 3.0

Ah ok cool. I thought I saw that but wasn't 100% Phone Post 3.0

TheBigRedOne - 
chaplinshouse - 
TheBigRedOne - 
chaplinshouse - That's true, Conor gets credit for plowing forward no hesitation with opponent change. if it were Bones he'd have said "i need a full camp! fuck everybody cancel the event!" and Bones was doing that over Chael, someone he matched up ridiculously well against.

Comparing Jones with Conor is ridiculous. Jones managed to defend his championships nearly 10 times straight, Conor doesn't have a championship.

irrelevant

*they were both main events

*they both had a last second replacement due to injury

*they both gave the non injured fighter a choice. dick tuck or have confidence and fight anyone anywhere

thus comparable.

No.

I agree, it's not the same.
For it to be the same, the replacement would have needed to be someone with the same style as Aldo, and a BW coming off a loss but willing to fight at FW

Confused. Headline says Conor has an injured knee. The article says that his knee is "100 percent... perfect." Which is it?

choochgas - Confused. Headline says Conor has an injured knee. The article says that his knee is "100 percent... perfect." Which is it?
Was he rehabbing the knee during training and it was healed by fight time? Phone Post 3.0

TheBigRedOne -
chaplinshouse - That's true, Conor gets credit for plowing forward no hesitation with opponent change. if it were Bones he'd have said "i need a full camp! fuck everybody cancel the event!" and Bones was doing that over Chael, someone he matched up ridiculously well against.

Comparing Jones with Conor is ridiculous. Jones managed to defend his championships nearly 10 times straight, Conor doesn't have a championship.
Yes... Bones still decided to decline a fight and basically fuck up a ppv card. Phone Post 3.0

duckhuntgangsta - 
choochgas - Confused. Headline says Conor has an injured knee. The article says that his knee is "100 percent... perfect." Which is it?
Was he rehabbing the knee during training and it was healed by fight time? Phone Post 3.0

I heard he got the injury before Aldo's rib injury rumours started. And he did some "work" with his wrestling coach, but I think that coach specifically came to the camp to help out in a situation like this. I believe it wasn't in the plan to bring the coach to Vegas.

So probably he was asked to come and teach Conor some techniques and tricks to avoid td's and wrestle with a busted knee.

But the first real test on the knee was at the actual fight!

trobinson21 -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
NicolasRGC - Wait, he didn't do any MMA sparring before the fight? How is that even possible? So all they did throughout the whole camp was standup sparring? If true, that is pretty wild.
Just shows how Conor is operating another level... Phone Post 3.0
Jesus Christ you people are ducking ridiculous. Lol Phone Post 3.0
Whatever, Tony. Phone Post 3.0

chaplinshouse - 
TheBigRedOne - 

irrelevant

*they both gave the non injured fighter a choice. dick tuck or have confidence and fight anyone anywhere

thus comparable.

Conor is cool, but geesh you guys think hes God and stuff.

Hes in a stage where hes proving himself. Of course hes going to do anything and everything to get ahead. Jon Jones doesn't have to prove himself. He was just being a cautious fighter. UFC champ is a big title that comes with a gigantic paycheck. If you were making that much money I'm sure you wouldn't want to F it up either.

trainhardtwoin -
chaplinshouse - 
TheBigRedOne - 

irrelevant

thus comparable.

Hes in a stage where hes proving himself. Of course hes going to do anything and everything to get ahead. Jon Jones doesn't have to prove himself. He was just being a cautious fighter. UFC champ is a big title that comes with a gigantic paycheck. If you were making that much money I'm sure you wouldn't want to F it up either.

I think Greg and Jones got paranoid that Chael knew about Hendo's injury very early and has been training to be a replacement long before he was offered the spot and felt like they were being played.

I understand why he made the call, I firmly disagree with it.

This is why I fee titles should be tied to events not people. Phone Post 3.0

I remember Hendricks saying he does not get hit in the head during training camps. Some camps do shit differently Phone Post 3.0

chaplinshouse -
trainhardtwoin - 
chaplinshouse - 
TheBigRedOne - 

irrelevant

thus comparable.

I'm not quite on Outlaw's level i don't think he's a God just yet lol

I couldn't disagree more. Ask yourself this: who do you think Zuffa values more right now? Bones or Conor? Exactly. Conor needs no proving at this point in time to Zuffa. He's the precious ring and his bosses are Gollum, in total awe of him

If anything Bones has a bigger obligation as a champ to go on. If you're really #1 it doesn't matter who they throw in. BUT... they threw in a guy that was an EASY win for Bones and he still let an event die. Conor @189 would have still left a quality card behind with a pull out, he is NOT in "prove yourself" mode with Zuffa, they will ride that pony till the end.

I truly don't think it'd have played out any different if Conor was in Jon's scenario. It's a matter of principle, some guys have it, some don't. Conor has the type of character and belief in himself where he'd have forged on.
He is like a mini MMA God, IMO. Phone Post 3.0

There is only one just bleed god, and Conor is his profit.

chaplinshouse -
TheBigRedOne - 

irrelevant

thus comparable.
I agree Phone Post 3.0