Coach Kavanagh: Really happy with Conor's performance, he was on track to getting a finish šŸ‘€

I think he was fine. Certainly in the minority with JK lol

1 Like

He certainly didnā€™t look as exhausted and close to quitting as people are making out. He for sure lost the round but Dustin also used a lot of energy trying to finish. Granted Dustin has shown the ability to fight hard for five straight rounds. It appeared to me Mac was prepared way better than the second fight in terms of mentality and conditioning. I mean think about it, he did last pretty long with Khabib (even though the fight was mostly one sided). For a guy who has ā€œshit cardioā€, ā€œterrible wrestlingā€ and ā€œquits fastā€, he sure lasted a long time in that fight considering how fast Khabib finished others recently, including Dustin and Gaethje, two people who most would have said have better wrestling and cardio than Mac. He also went five hard rounds with Diaz who has insane cardio.

I donā€™t even like Mac, Iā€™ve never rooted for him in MMA ever. He seems to be a shit human being too, but just telling it like I see it.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a slippery cunt who is better at cheating than them.

Conor was better in 2013-2014 than he is now.

Most other fighters have improved since 2014 or havenā€™t because their past prime.

I think Conor lost the motivation required to even tread water and stay as good as he once was. A timeline where Aldo gets that immediate rematch, beats Conor, and then Conor has to keep improving as a fighterā€¦ That would have been a better Conor than the present day one.

2 Likes

@Nytron, putting this on the front page of the main site.

2 Likes

I mean if you look at the fact heā€™s absolutely correct here. Youā€™ll learn to never doubt the great oneā€™s coach.
He executed a perfect game plan up int he snapped his fookin leg.
Prior to that He blocked EACH AND EVERY one of Dustinā€™s elbow and punches with his face. WITH HIS FOOKIN FACE.

Dustin, erm I mean Conor was boxing his face off from his back.
If you look closely, Connor was dominating on the ground as well, after a few major adjustments in between round, Connor would have 100% continue to be outclassed by a much superior fighter but as a good Connor fan, well pretend he was awesome despite being dog shit.

5 Likes

You realize he tapped to a choke of his chin, right?

2 Likes

Iā€™m convinced he took some classically strong MDMA before watching that fight.

2 Likes

Yep.

He was implementing the pieced up strategy to perfection.

Conor needs to have Aldo trane him in a favelaā€¦Rocky 3 style!!

4 Likes

And this right here is and has been his problem. He needs to be around people that arenā€™t terrified of being honest with him.

3 Likes

There was a time when Kavanaugh was a good coach, and the perfect match for Conor. Now, itā€™s like BJ Pennā€™s corner.

Conor and BJ have so much in common itā€™s crazy.

3 Likes

Fucking bingo! I was thinking about BJ and his yes men earlier in this discussion but didnā€™t want to mention it as he has a rabid fanbase as well. Lol

1 Like

Yeah, their best was like really early on in their career. But they didnā€™t have that second wind in their careers like Masvidal or Dustin for example.

1 Like

What else is he gonna say

1 Like

Coaches arenā€™t salesmen. They donā€™t need to promote delusions. He could say nothing. Or, he could identify areas for improvement. He doesnā€™t need to promote total bullshit. Conor lost a 10-8 round.

4 Likes

True, but he didnā€™t have Mickey and Apollo in his corner. He was doomed to fail without them.

1 Like

Iā€™ll put a shallow rnc on you and choke you tf out if I donā€™t break your teeth first.

I hate Conor, but nothing wrong with tapping to that. Thatā€™s some armchair quarterbacking right there. Keyboard warrior.

4 Likes

Not to say theyā€™re all bad guys. But thereā€™s a fuckload of truth in that statement. Lol

1 Like