Coker: No one-off Askren fight, but Mir...

Mir says he's done with Bellator. Will fight for Russian-based ACB next. 

Frank Mir says ego was downfall vs. Fedor, plans to fight for ACB next

So Coker signed Mir for one fight, but he's not interested in bring in Askren for a one-off against Rory. Hmm. Is that because Coker needed Mir so badly for the HW tournament? What if Mir won against Fedor? What if Mir won the whole damn tournament? He would have just walked away?

Askren doesn’t provide that much risk, by comparison.

So many useless questions

Taco Muncher -

Mir says he's done with Bellator. Will fight for Russian-based ACB next. 

Frank Mir says ego was downfall vs. Fedor, plans to fight for ACB next

So Coker signed Mir for one fight, but he's not interested in bring in Askren for a one-off against Rory. Hmm. Is that because Coker needed Mir so badly for the HW tournament? What if Mir won against Fedor? What if Mir won the whole damn tournament? He would have just walked away?

Askren doesn’t provide that much risk, by comparison.

my guess is Mirs contract was for more than just Fedor fight, I didn't see his exact quote but my guess would be he was signed to fight in the tournament but as soon as he lost, he would become a free agent.

He doesn’t want a one off with Askren because he knows Aksren will beat his Champ and then he’s left in the dilemma of a guy he released being his Champ again. 

There is no upside from Cokers perspective. 

The fans on the other hand would love Askren back in Bellator and becoming Champ again. 

Weird situation. 

Mir said he is going to ACB to get a fight in before his next Bellator's fight.   He needed cage time and will be back to Bellator's in fall after the tournament.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/frank-mir-ego-downfall-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-198-acb-next-fight-mma

Askren can't be paid to take a dive.

purplehaze -

Mir said he is going to ACB to get a fight in before his next Bellator's fight.   He needed cage time and will be back to Bellator's in fall after the tournament.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/frank-mir-ego-downfall-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-198-acb-next-fight-mma

Hey stop with the truth already,it’s spoiling this bullshit thread. 

Because they don’t want their best fighter to lose to a guy who will use his W as a way to get in the UFC.

Rory beats askren with ease

I would love to see Rory vs Askren. It is the best fight that can be made outside the UFC. That said, I understand why Coker wouldn’t want to sign Ben for this one fight.

I think Rory beats Askren, but if Ben did win he would take the Bellator belt and likely sign with the UFC. That doesn’t help Bellator in any way.

The Frank Mir situation is not comparable.

Or because nobody has a clue who Askren is ? 

Ben is the party pooper....he will blanket Rory and make him quit.

Scott doesn't want Ben coming in for one fight and wrecking his top talent.

Smell that?

I swear all i see on this forum now are posts from Megan Anderson and posts about retired Ben askren. Is this mma now?

kpm58 - 

I swear all i see on this forum now are posts from Megan Anderson and posts about retired Ben askren. Is this mma now?

Jones retired and now Askren is the unbeaten best in MMA…

jasperb -

Or because nobody has a clue who Askren is ? 

This. Askren has amazing talent but the average ufc and or bellator fan, has no clue who he is. They know who is promoted and thats about it. 

Well, one is a "name" with casual viewers... and one is not.

I will admit that Askren has looked like a killer in One, and would give any WW a tough fight... but lets be real, he has zero name value in Bellator, I assume he will want to be paid well ( like a 18-0 fighter rightfully should), and his fights in Bellator more often than not were boring as fucking shit to the casual viewer eyes,.. Bellator gains nothing in bringing Askren back.

Boner McGregor -

He doesn’t want a one off with Askren because he knows Aksren will beat his Champ and then he’s left in the dilemma of a guy he released being his Champ again. 

The fans on the other hand would love Askren back in Bellator and becoming Champ again. 

Weird situation. 

Coker didn’t drop askren. That was rebney

Rory should demand his release if they’re not going to let him have legacy fights.

Oscar would promote this as a co-main for Chuck/Tito

Trav01 -
Boner McGregor -

Weird situation. 

Coker didn’t drop askren. That was rebney

And?