Coker Signs Yancy To Long-Term Deal

1 Like

Yancy Medeiros is on the Bellator roster for the foreseeable future.

Four days after his Bellator 279 win, Medeiros (16-8 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) has signed a multifight contract with the promotion – something both he and Bellator president Scott Coker angled for in their post-fight news conferences.

A Bellator official informed MMA Junkie of the long-term signing Wednesday, but no further details on the terms were offered.

Medeiros, 34, signed a one-fight deal with Bellator to compete on his home island of Oahu, Hawaii this past Saturday. Against multiple-time title challenger Emmanuel Sanchez, Medeiros wooed the hometown crowd and promotional brass with a thrilling three-round decision.

“This week was surreal for me because I got to represent,” Medeiros told MMA Junkie at a post-fight news conference. “Thank you, Bellator, for letting me do this for Hawaii. I really appreciate this. … I hope to give you guys a show again.”

The win snapped a four-fight skid, all of which fights took place under the UFC banner and ultimately led to Medeiros’ departure. Medeiros competed 15 times for the UFC before signing with Bellator. His tenure included a main event against Donald Cerrone, as well as key victories over Alex Oliveira, John Makdessi, Erick Silva, and Damon Jackson.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Ay man do you get paid to post content, if not you should be.

Always liked Yancy, dude comes to scrap no matter what, they will prob save him for whenever they do an event in Hawaii.

1 Like

Agreed , but the powers have not offered me a deal yet. Do it for love of mma and for the fun of it. @Kirik has had my contact inF0 for decades. :slight_smile:
Also do hope my content brings eyes here , been fun.

4 Likes

That was a very fun fight and Yancy is an excellent addition to Bellator.

Aye powers that be aka Kirik lets get this man a job! One that pays! If it matters any i certainly appreciate your effort as its nice to run across shit i had no clue about, hespect my friend!

2 Likes

Good signing for Bellator. Added bonus they are doing events in Hawaii now too.

Love It , Thanks

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Medeiros may not have any inside information, but he believes he knows what’s going on.

“It always has to do with money,” he said. “You see Dustin wants to fight him, and Nate wants to fight Dustin and get his fight out, so I just think you can connect the dots why the UFC doesn’t want to let him go. But I feel that the biggest thing right now that could ever happen for Nate is if he was released, because that man knows his bag, he knows his work, and there’s a lot of people that want to invest him and make him rich – more rich.”

Medeiros recently bet on himself when he accepted a short-notice, one-fight deal to face Emmanuel Sanchez in a lightweight contest at Bellator 279. In his first appearance since a June 20201 loss to Damir Hadzovic led to his UFC release, he snapped his skid with a decision over two-time featherweight title challenger Sanchez.

The win on his home soil of Hawaii led Medeiros to a new multi-fight contract with Bellator. Diaz stood cageside as his longtime training partner raised his hand. That’s the kind of support that’s made Medeiros a loyal advocate for Diaz.

“Honestly, when it comes to Nate, I don’t really talk about the fight business to him, because that’s my family,” said Medeiros, who cross trains at the Nick Diaz Academy in Stockton, Calif., when he’s not training in Hawaii. “There’s all these people that always are trying to get to know the info like that, so when I’m with him, I just keep it as my brother, watch for his well-being. But he’s moving, and he’s going to be making moves, because Nate can’t sit still. He’s been sitting still for a while.”