Coker wants to make Lawler / Manhoef

Mad Xyientist -  I just got KO'd thinking about this fight.

LMAO!!!!!

The Destroyer88 - 
White347LX - My GOD this Manhoef jockriding!

The guy just KOed Mark Hunt. I think his jock is still rideable for another 1-2 years for that fact alone.

And Matt Serra KO'd GSP. How long did that boat float?

get real white34, Manhoef would eat Lawler alive if it stayed standing....lawler could take him down but he isnt gonna sub him down there as robbie is no sub master...i think this would be a terrible fight for robbie to take, very little to gain and lots to lose..

White347LX - 
The Destroyer88 - 
White347LX - My GOD this Manhoef jockriding!

The guy just KOed Mark Hunt. I think his jock is still rideable for another 1-2 years for that fact alone.

And Matt Serra KO'd GSP. How long did that boat float?

Terrible comparison.

He alos KO'd Paul Slowinski and Ruslan Karaev

I would love to see it, but doubt Robbie is foolish enough to take that fight. We are talking about the same Robbie that got dropped by Diaz....correct?

Manhoef bandwagon is in full effect.

Good luck sniffing his jock, guys. Enjoy it while you can because he's going to fight a top 5 or maybe top 10 guy someday and that will be the end of his run.

White347LX - Manhoef bandwagon is in full effect.

Good luck sniffing his jock, guys. Enjoy it while you can because he's going to fight a top 5 or maybe top 10 guy someday and that will be the end of his run.

He already did and lost.

Doesnt mean he isnt one of the most exciting strikers in both k-1 and mma

IF K-1 had a 185lb weight class he'd be champ

Thoguh Robbie Lawler is a top 5 guy according to some and he'd destroy him

Listen, we all love Manhoef. The man KO'd the un-KOable monster that is mark hunt. He is a dynamic mf'er and I would certainly love to see this fight. However, let's be real here. Manhoef has NO ground game. I don't mean no ground-game as it gets tossed around a lot on here, I mean he literally has no ground game. His takedown defense has looked a little improved but I guarantee Lawler has the wrestling to take him down. From there, the pound out stoppage is pretty much inevitable.

Don't get me wrong. Manhoef is dangerous against anybody, even Fedor. Why? Because he probably has a better chance than anyone in MMA of knocking you out with the very first punch... or at some point shortly thereafter. However, when you look at the holes in his game and what Lawler has accomplished lately- I don't see how you couldn't have Robbie as the favorite.

Also, I don't wanna hear anyone blowing up his K-1 accomplishments. He's been successful lately but thus far he has a good but not great career there. I love K-1, but this is MMA. And besides, look at what some "MMA guys who strike" have been able to do there lately.

CRBMoney14 - 
White347LX - Manhoef bandwagon is in full effect.

He already did and lost.

Doesnt mean he isnt one of the most exciting strikers in both k-1 and mma

Fair enough.

Robbie has a lot better wrestling and ground control than people give him credit for. He just prefers to stand up. He could definitely take Melvin down and hurt him there.

Coker is smart, that'd be a great fight.

I like Lawler, but I still think he's a lower top 10 MW at best. Marquardt, Anderson (of course), Hendo, Wand, Rich at 185 are all guys I think that would beat him soundly.

ghostofgibran - Listen, we all love Manhoef. The man KO'd the un-KOable monster that is mark hunt. He is a dynamic mf'er and I would certainly love to see this fight. However, let's be real here. Manhoef has NO ground game. I don't mean no ground-game as it gets tossed around a lot on here, I mean he literally has no ground game. His takedown defense has looked a little improved but I guarantee Lawler has the wrestling to take him down. From there, the pound out stoppage is pretty much inevitable.

Don't get me wrong. Manhoef is dangerous against anybody, even Fedor. Why? Because he probably has a better chance than anyone in MMA of knocking you out with the very first punch... or at some point shortly thereafter. However, when you look at the holes in his game and what Lawler has accomplished lately- I don't see how you couldn't have Robbie as the favorite.

Also, I don't wanna hear anyone blowing up his K-1 accomplishments. He's been successful lately but thus far he has a good but not great career there. I love K-1, but this is MMA. And besides, look at what some "MMA guys who strike" have been able to do there lately.

I think "no ground game" is a little harsh, he has been working very hard to shore up his grappling. And more importantly perhaps, his takedown defense has improved vastly in the last couple of years. I think he can continue to follow the Cro Cop formula and do very, very well in MMA.

By the way, word is that he is already booked for 4 fights in the next 4 months, plus he has said he wants to go for the World GP title this year. I don't think this Lawler-Manhoef match is very likely for 2009.

I want to see Melvin fight anybody!!

Serious question: Manhoef has a felony, I believe, on his record, would that hamper his coming to the US? I'd love to see him come.

"About time Manhoef gets a top ten ranked fighter."

LMAO, he just got one a few months ago and was choked out inside of 2 minutes.

roids or no roids?

Gaius Baltar - Melvin via anything he fuckin wants

come on, Lawler is a fuckin idiot if he believes he will stand with fuckin manhoef

EVERY MAN on this planet that has ever stood with him has been KTFO!

Both his K1 record and his MMA record disagree with you.

I like thie Gay Butplug charachter.