Coker wants to make Lawler / Manhoef

suioryu - Kneel down on one knee Robbbie!

YES! only way to prevent murderization

I think Manhoef has that latter year Tyson appeal to him IMO. In Tysons twilight, you always knew he was going to lose to a more skilled fighter but I tuned in anyway in hopes of seeing that vicious one punch KO. Manhoef will always have that chance but I dont really see anybody wanting to stand with the guy. I still cant belive he KO'd Mark fucking Hunt.

would be an awesome fight.

but probably just another quick sub loss for Manhoef. even if Robbie ended up being a way better striker, Manhoef just packs so much dynamite its stupid to fuck with him standing.

Lawler by KO, he is a much better boxer!
Baki

you know, i don't care who it is, but we need one big org. to get all the fighters. as of now, i'm behind the UFC, but Coker really seems to know how to make good fights and how to run an Org. he obviously has better negotiating tactics than the UFC's "my way or the highway" attitude. i'd be all for Strikeforce over taking the UFC and getting all their fighters. i wish they had some billionaire backer who could make an offer to buy out the UFC from the Fertitta's and Dana. one org. for one sport!

wow

I would think Baki knows his shit and I might agree that Lawler is a 'better boxer.' However, he isn't the better kickboxer and as powerful as he is- he ain't got Melvin's power. His best shot would def be GNP.

"i'd be all for Strikeforce over taking the UFC and getting all their fighters."

Yeah, I'm sure he'd be just as "cool" in his negotiating as he is now.

There's a reason other orgs make all kinds of concessions to their fighters -- it's because it's the only way they can get/keep them. They have to offer something the UFC doesn't, and since they can't compete on money or exposure, it has to be with more freedom.

Coker already said he will be doing exclusive contracts from this point on, as he needs his fighters available since they will have so many cards to fill.

orcus - "i'd be all for Strikeforce over taking the UFC and getting all their fighters."

Yeah, I'm sure he'd be just as "cool" in his negotiating as he is now.

There's a reason other orgs make all kinds of concessions to their fighters -- it's because it's the only way they can get/keep them. They have to offer something the UFC doesn't, and since they can't compete on money or exposure, it has to be with more freedom.

Coker already said he will be doing exclusive contracts from this point on, as he needs his fighters available since they will have so many cards to fill.

Can't compete in money? LOL, wat? The biggest problem with these start-up orgs is probably the fact that they pay way more than the UFC.

Manhoef would fuck him up standing. Lawler would need to take him down and keep him down to come out on top of this one.

Manhoef by brutal KO in rd.1

AlliancePA - Manhoef would fuck him up standing. Lawler would need to take him down and keep him down to come out on top of this one.

Manhoef by brutal KO in rd.1

Totally agree!

AnotherTMAguy - Serious question: Manhoef has a felony, I believe, on his record, would that hamper his coming to the US? I'd love to see him come.

Come one, I know the guy is scary, but calling his fights assault isn't fair...

Seriously though, he has fought in California already.

Has Manhoef ever shown cardio beyond 5 minutes? Realize that Lawler's recent gameplan has been to mess around until his opponent gasses and then flatten them.

I'm just thinking of Cyborg/Manhoef and picturing Lawler smashing both of them at the same time.

Gassed 4 minutes into the fight.

when it comes to striking, Lawler is like a good high school football team playing against manhoef who is the new england patriots...there is that big a difference when it comes to their striking...Lawler had a hard time putting away Scott Smith for piss sake!

lol at people saying manhoef has bad cardio...the guy puts 110% into every punch and throws punches in bunches....he just doesnt pace himself, he goes balls out every fight...

MAKE THIS FIGHT HAPPEN!!

Manhoef via extremely brutal KO

"lol at people saying manhoef has bad cardio...the guy puts 110% into every punch and throws punches in bunches....he just doesnt pace himself, he goes balls out every fight..."

Does it make a difference what you call it if the result is still him being gassed?

ttt

Manhoef is a beast!! crazy fight if it goes down

I remeber lawler getting wrecked by Pete Spratt. Manhoef would decapitate him if he doesn't get it to the ground ASAP.