Colby v Whittacker

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ufc/ufc-272-robert-whittaker-supports-shock-push-to-fight-colby-covington-in-2022/news-story/05c15c682f1e750576b4cdd9bdf25933

Robert Whittaker is backing a surprise push to have him headline a UFC blockbuster against Colby Covington in 2022, saying: “That fight sells out every Australian venue and could be the best route for both of us”.

Only weeks on from his contentious UFC title loss to middleweight champ Israel Adesanya, Whittaker is already making plans for what could be consecutive bouts against Italian Marvin Vettori, then Covington.

Already considered the most polarising fighter in the UFC, Covington now finds himself in one of the company’s greatest grudge matches at UFC 272 in Las Vegas this Sunday — squaring off against former housemate, sparring partner and best mate Jorge Masvidal.

Should ‘Chaos’ win, the outspoken American has already hyped a follow up fight with another former ATT training partner, Dustin Poirier – just as Whittaker is already pencilled in for a showdown with Vettori, the No. 3 middleweight contender, in July.

Yet after that?

Should both men win, News Corp can reveal both the UFC and Team Whittaker are keen for Covington, especially given the American has already spoken publicly about moving up from welterweight to challenge Adesanya.

Even though Colby thinks going up is better for him I think going down would actually be better. He is a small ww and might be the best opponent for Islam

2 Likes

Whittaker is the worst matchup imaginable for Colby.

1 Like

Yep

Robert Talliwhacker

2 Likes

At 170? Or 185?

Fun fight. Both need some fresh challenges after losing twice to the current champs. Sign me up.

1 Like

Why would the King Of Miami fly down to australia though?

I think Robert fucks Colby up though, Colby even looks thin for WW

See Rory McDonald vs. Gegard Mousasi and you’ll know how this ends for Colby

1 Like

Whittaker is bigger now as a MW but it’s the style. Colby hasn’t fought a top level sprawl n brawler like Whittaker. To be fair, Tyron and Lawler were but at the end of their roads when they fought.

Why on Earth are we talking about Colby vs Whittaker? Weird fight that never happens

Sean Shelby, make it happen!

Interesting fight. I’d like to see how Colby does against Whittaker

Bobby Knuckles by vicious KO if it ever happens.

2 Likes

I like this match up

1 Like

True don’t think Colby has teased going up? He’s calling out LWs.

Colby is a small to average WW who can make 155. Usually I’d have a problem with calling out someone at a lower weight class but Dustin himself said he was thinking of 170.

2 Likes