Competed today - jiu-jitsu

My first tournament at brown belt. Only had one match and fortunately got the sub. Not that anyone cares, but i figured I’d post here anyways

https://youtu.be/P4JvelsOISw?si=tC-kyn-wQgaZCMqR

14 Likes

Someone Beat GIF

kidding. nice kneebah :+1:

4 Likes

Congrats man! How long have you been at brown?

1 Like

Congrats

1 Like

Got it like a monthish ago

2 Likes

good job!

1 Like

Thanks! Idk if you remember me, but we trained together a bit a few years ago. Hope all is well

Good job…but don’t ever fall to your butt again to start a match. Learn to wrestle or attempt a takedown.

2 Likes

I will do no such thing

2 Likes

I had to shut it off as soon as I saw two homos in a race to give the ass.

1 Like

Why not learn to be a man for once? I used to be beat people like you pretty easy most every time.

I was a trash wrestler because I didn’t wrestle in school but I used to hit blast doubles before the guy sat down for the two points. I’d stall the rest of the match and made no real attempt to pas, I just faked acting like I was trying to pass in order to not get hit with a stalling call.

I won’t be that harsh…BUT…when they both flop to their butt the person taking the video says “NICE”…wtf???

“Learn to be a man”

“I stalled”

Ok lmao

2 Likes

Zero chance I’m going to wrestle in a bjj match. Waste of time.

High liability and not worth enough points. Plus it absorbs too much time. You have 6 minutes, so why not pull and start offense immediately instead of burning up half the match trying to get a takedown?

Obvious exception to that logic if you have an extensive wrestling or judo background, but i don’t so i wont compete like i do

I liked stalling just to hear the other guy crying after the match to be honest.

I didn’t wrestle but I almost always hit the takedown. Half of wrestling is a mentality

1 Like

Your mentality should be to stay disciplined, get to your spots, and be aggressive when you’re there. Whether it’s a wrestling or guard based approach. My game is a lot of half guard and reverse dlr stuff, so that’s what I’m going to use

1 Like

This thread legit made me laugh out loud. I love the get 1 takedown and stall out strategy to troll the opponent.

1 Like

I’m up 2-0. He has to submit me or score. I’m in no rush to force a pass that isn’t there and risk getting stuffed into a triangle or something else
. I’m going to hit a takedown and keep stuffing to half and pass after I tire him out and figure out what he’s looking for before I make a real effort to pass.

I never really connected my hands on the mat because holding a gable grip for 15 min is not sustainable for mma.

My passing wasn’t great because I did gf practice breaking the guard. You break the guard by punching the face. My jiu-jitsu was always geared towards fighting. Whenever someone stood up in my closed guard I opened it because I assumed I’d be getting punched in the face.

95% of what’s done today in sport jiu-jitsu is not only irrelevant in a fight but it will get you hurt if you try it in a street fight or mma.

1 Like

Why do BJJ if it’s not to fight mma or learn how to fight in the street? Pulling guard is no good for either. Pulling guard is turning BJJ into something that is as useful as point karate.