Condit/Alves interested in summer ufc fight

News Url :: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/carlos-condit-and-thiago-alves-interested-in-summer-ufc-fight/

Doesnt make much sense ranking wise. Yet this is a very fun matchup with pretty recognizable names. Very winnable fight for both. Alves having not fought top competition in while, yet looking like a world beater against sub par fighters. Condit coming back from a leg injury and a year plus layoff.

If it gets materialized, i see alves winning because this will be a 3 rd fight. He's gonna chomp that fragile leg. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think it's fair to call Jordan Mein sub par. Phone Post 3.0

Hope Condit takes it. Title or no title I want to see Carlos fight Robbie at some point Phone Post 3.0

This would be an awesome fight Phone Post 3.0

fight4right - I don't think it's fair to call Jordan Mein sub par. Phone Post 3.0
Hr hasn't had any significant wins. He just shows glimpses in fights he losses. Phone Post 3.0

Condit takes it... Mein was all over Alves until that brutal body kick Phone Post 3.0

Condit fan for life. Hope he comes back with a vengeance! Phone Post 3.0

Fan of both would hate to see either lose.
Alves seemed more fluid back in the day before the lay off but obviously still kicks like a mule. I'd love to see him keep getting wins.
Carlos is a beast and good at using range which could give Thiago some serious issues as he is compact for 170.

Excellent competitive fight for a little over a round. Then NBK shakes off the ring rust and gets the TKO. I'm a bit bias though since Condit is 1 of my favorite fighters.

I think Alves looked better against Mein than people are giving him credit for. All respect to Mein for pressuring him and not letting him get his timing or rhythm.

It looks like because of that, Alves didn't have many openings, but started to find some later on. That fight was still competitive and Mein is a great, dangerous striker.

I still believe in Alves and am happy he got the win, he's come a long way. With that being said, I'm a huge fan of Condit as well so I would hate to see either guy lose. Great matchup. Phone Post 3.0

This is one of those fights we need to see before either man retires. Guaranteed fireworks. Big fan of both guys and would hate to see either lose, but I'd pick Alves in a 3 round fight. 5 rounds, I'd pick Condit with a late stoppage.

MayhemMatthews - Condit fan for life. Hope he comes back with a vengeance! Phone Post 3.0

This, VU my friend

Sinful1 -
MayhemMatthews - Condit fan for life. Hope he comes back with a vengeance! Phone Post 3.0

This, VU my friend
Thanks brother! I'd return the favour but iv pledged my vu for the day to mod Rick for his work on another thread. Il catch you next time! Phone Post 3.0

Ram Rod - Condit takes it... Mein was all over Alves until that brutal body kick Phone Post 3.0
Yeah.. Alves looked like anything but a world beater in his last fight. Phone Post 3.0

Whatever gets Condit closer to a title shot, I'm all for.

Condit wins this

SensoriaUtopia -
KingMeNow - 
fight4right - I don't think it's fair to call Jordan Mein sub par. Phone Post 3.0
Hr hasn't had any significant wins. He just shows glimpses in fights he losses. Phone Post 3.0

I disagree completely, Jordan Mein is a clear A level fighter. WW is just so fucking stacked, A level is not only reserved for the top 10, WW can go 25 deep with A level fighters.
It doesn't work that way. If you cant beat them, you're not on that level. Its been proven time and time again for Mein. Phone Post 3.0

SensoriaUtopia -
KingMeNow - 

I disagree completely, Jordan Mein is a clear A level fighter. WW is just so fucking stacked, A level is not only reserved for the top 10, WW can go 25 deep with A level fighters.
I wouldn't say he's A level, but he's pretty fucking close it. People are discrediting him by saying Alves didn't look good. I actually think he looked very good. Phone Post 3.0

Big Pookie -
Whatever gets Condit closer to a title shot, I'm all for.
. Phone Post 3.0