CONFIRMED: Bisping vs. Kang UFC 105!

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang to headline UFC 105

MMABay can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the main event at UFC 105 on November 14th in Manchester, England will be contested by Wolfslair MMA Academy star, Michael “The Count” Bisping and Canadian sensation, Denis Kang.

A source in Canada, the country where Kang is currently based, told MMABay that the bout has been agreed to by both parties and the UFC are set to swiftly issue bout agreements in the coming days.

Bisping, “The Ultimate Fighter” winner turned coach, was within touching distance of a title shot before Dan Henderson’s heavy right hand derailed his plans at UFC 100 last month. He will now look to get his title hopes back on track in his own back yard of Manchester, a stone’s throw from his training camp.

As for the Canadian veteran, Kang, he is even in his UFC career at 1-1. After putting behind him his UFC 93 disappointment at losing to Alan Belcher, Kang went onto decision Xavier Foupa-Pokam at UFC 97 in his home country of Canada.

The UFC have swiftly moved to replace MMA legend, Wanderlei Silva in the main event after the Brazilian underwent facial surgery that didn’t go as expected. The result is the experienced Kang who has gone 4-4 in his last eight outings.

By Michael Pepper/Rodrigo Tatame.

Ehhh..Filthy would have been a better match-up, imo. But I look forward to Kang giving Bisping his 2nd beating in as many months...

Disappointing opponent for Bisping but kudos for Kang stepping up and being the sacrificial lamb. Obviously has got bigger balls than Wanderlei.

Tough fight for Kang. Bisping has a solid takedown defense and Kang is not going to outstrike him on the feet.

^hmmm i think it probably has a lot less to do with Wand's cajon'es and more with this:

I rarely do this...but LOL at that being a main event.

That is barely a cage rage main event.

Kang should win this, but he just seems to have those lapses and then gets caught.

nice fight, but I agree not a headliner...

canuck34 - I rarely do this...but LOL at that being a main event.

The only + I can think is it being free on Spike.

Worst headliner ever !

That's the main event?  Ouch.

At least they gave Bisping an opponent that can beat him.  I was sure this was going to be a softball.

This will be the end of Bissping in the UFC for a while.

canuck34 - I rarely do this...but LOL at that being a main event.

It's not the main event.

JT42382 -  ^hmmm i think it probably has a lot less to do with Wand's cajon'es and more with this:

Which he conveniently scheduled WEEKS after him V Bisping had been talked about. It's been a couple of months already since his last fight, during which he could've had his surgery, allowing more time to recover and fight again before the end of the year. This could've been a big fight for him, headlining overseas in a rabid atmosphere infront of a giant TV audience, an event which will no doubt be pushed hard by the UFC because I believe it falls on the same night as Pacman/Cotto. But instead he apparently isn't up for it, and consequently we are deprived of a tremendous fight.

This will be good, but it's no Wandy V Bisping.

It's not the main event. Main event is BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez.

http://insidefights.com/2009/08/21/source-penn-vs-sanchez-to-headline-ufc-105/

hell yeah Kang by TKO

HendosToyinExplodingBoy - 
JT42382 -  ^hmmm i think it probably has a lot less to do with Wand's cajon'es and more with this:

Which he conveniently scheduled WEEKS after him V Bisping had been talked about. It's been a couple of months already since his last fight, during which he could've had his surgery, allowing more time to recover and fight again before the end of the year. This could've been a big fight for him, headlining overseas in a rabid atmosphere infront of a giant TV audience, an event which will no doubt be pushed hard by the UFC because I believe it falls on the same night as Pacman/Cotto. But instead he apparently isn't up for it, and consequently we are deprived of a tremendous fight.

This will be good, but it's no Wandy V Bisping.
Oh yea, it's on the same night as PAC/Cotto.. Shit, UFC 105 needs a better headliner for sure if put in that context.

Ah, okay. I got confused by the "headline" in the first line of the article.

Decent undercard fight.

jbotter - It's not the main event. Main event is BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez.

http://insidefights.com/2009/08/21/source-penn-vs-sanchez-to-headline-ufc-105/

Now we're talking. I was thinking that would be a good time to have that fight considering Penn said he wanted to fight again soon, but I was under the assumption he wouldn't want to give up his PPV bonus. If this card comes to fruition, all of a sudden it's a tremendous line-up.

Good matchup.