Congratulations Ben Saunders Sub of Year

Congratulations Ben!! Made the UG proud

MMAWEEKLY 2014 SUBMISSION OF THE YEAR: BEN SAUNDERS AND HIS HISTORY-MAKING OMO PLATA

Technically sound jiu-jitsu isn’t easy to come by. It sometimes takes years to master, and mixing in the strikes of mixed martial arts only complicates things that much further.

For fighters, the UFC has become the destination for the most skilled fighters on the planet, jiu-jitsu and otherwise. Getting there is a goal deserving of praise, but staying with worldwide leader is a whole other fight.

In making his return to the UFC after a four-year run that mostly saw him compete in Bellator, Ben Saunders came back to the Octagon against a debuting Chris Heatherly. That ended soon after it started because Saunders applied what would become the first omoplata finish in UFC history.

Read the rest at link

http://www.mmaweekly.com/mmaweekly-2014-submission-of-the-year-ben-saunders-and-his-history-making-omo-plata

Not the award winning submission fight, but had to show off Ben's awesome Fhaka (UG hand sign) =)

Awesome! Well done Ben. Phone Post 3.0

Congratulations - fighters only next Phone Post 3.0

Congrats Ben! Phone Post 3.0

Congratulations Ben! Phone Post

Legend! Well deserved. Congrats Ben Phone Post 3.0

Well done benny Phone Post 3.0

Congrats killa B! Phone Post 3.0

I bet that was a huge smile on Bens face.
Congrats Killa B.
One of my alltime favorite fighters.
Glad he's back! Phone Post 3.0

TTT

Well deserved

Hell yeah! Phone Post 3.0

Nice! Congrats to a great guy. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck yeah!  Couldn't happen to a cooler dude!

quick and dirty, but figured I had to do something to help celebrate!

Congrats Ben!! It's much deserved, keep it up my friend!!

Kristen :)

PS
Sweet photobomb w Matt and Matt. When are are you coming to Long Island?? Phone Post 3.0

Congrats Ben!

Cindy