Congratulations, Jaipetch!

congrats again jaipetch. congrats again to Ben aswell.

Did you feel the need to congrat me on anything thats been posted about my wins? Didnt think so. So why be offended? As for People's Status? Its my job to know these things.

Jaipetch, you've accomplished more than most ever will or can in 3 years. You have never had an easy fight and always stepped up to the challenge, and understand what muayThai is truly about.

"Envy eats nothing but its own heart"

I'll second that. Mark is truly world class and I have never met a nicer, more talented guy.

Pisand, I'll assume that was for me. Not sure why. I asked a simple question.(one that you still havnt answered) Like I said "It's my job to know"/keep up on things. I answered Mark's question and dont think it in anyway came off as having any "envy" involved. Trust me, there is none.

Wow, KB forum has been quiet for a while now, no need to disturb the peace....

Congrats are due to both men, fine jobs done.

I know there is some history here, but that aside, I think it's a legit question. If you go to Thailand, fight in a stadium, full rules, against a pro, KO the pro, are you going to come back and fight as an amateur?

Don't turn this into a flame war, unecessary. BUt it was a valid question

This is something we're all trying to come to a consensus on.... Pisand, myself, and others are trying to determine where we should draw the line....

Someone who has only had a couple of fights in Thailand under full Thai rules doesn't necessarily mean that they should now fight as a professional when they return home. Face it, mosts fights we "farangs" participate in are little stadiums, fairs, bars, etc.... hardly quality competition, even if under full Thai rules.

But even so, that experience needs to be taken into consideration by anyone attempting to make matches for these guys, and determining what "Class" fighter they are....

LKFMDC.... email me at KHUNKAO@GMAIL.COM Pisand and I have been really talking over that "CLASS" system offline, and I'd like to get your thoughts on what we've come up with....

Yeah, it's a topic for discussion and that's what we are all here for. NO hard feelings, let's keep the flames to a minimum!

My old att.net account is dead, but you can get me at info@nysanda.com

I'll shoot you an email in a minute,

Guys, just so its clear, I wasnt flameing anyone. I was asking a question.

Well, it seemed like flaming/trolling given we've not spoken or resolved personal issues. I will gladly discuss that our view, shared by many others, use a class system so to speak based on experience for fair matching. Having consulted with several trainers/fighters/promoters the consensus was 1 fight in Thailand does not make you a pro here, so this wasn't/isn't an issue. We're only looking for fights on shows that allow 5x2 without gear against opponents with 7+ fights without compensation (e.g., B-class fights).

==================================================
Let me just add this - in the past I held a more Procrustean standard on the subject, but having international contacts and participating on those shows and promotions, establishing a continuum going from Novice to full PRO incrementally is what Khun Kao and I and several others have been discussing, because it works.

BUT:
I want this thread to be about Jaipetch's success and not about miscommunications or the class system...if we want a thread on discussing the class system let's make one.

Again, not sure how it seemed like trolling. I asked a question because of information you posted on a public forum. Like I said "its my job" to keep informed.

Just so we're clear: Its ok to fight in another country, with full PRO rules, against a Pro, and youre not considered a pro here? Have you checked to see what Athletic Comissions think about this?

my 3 point peace plan

1. create a thread about class systems and this issue

2. congrats to these guys again

3. avoid flames

I have a guy who only has one fight...ever. He went on vacation to Thailand last year and fought in Phuket. No way would I consider him a pro. Honestly he would get killed in the WKA novice division right now...

We had an issue with an actor who put in his resume (yes, actors lie on their resumes!!!!!!) that he had had a pro fight, it was a match at a festival and the guy was clearly major league NEWBIE... bar fights and festival stuff is really clear. Sometimes the guy they get to fight the farang isn't much of a fighter himself!

Full rules in a stadium against a pro? Not so easy to just shake off...

BUt I think we are in a "grey period", until we get our act together, we are living with residual mistakes of the past, it isn't going to get fixed all in one day

and by the way, this entire post is breaking with my peace plan so from now on go to that thread!

lkfmdc/pisand....

you've got mail

congratulations jaipetch and Ben!